2

DRACO'S POV

"Hello class, today we'll be attempting the Amortentia potion." Severus Snape said.

Thankfully, this will be a solo project. I won't have to deal with any idiots who don't know how to make a simple potion.

~

I finish the potion minutes before anyone else. People need to hurry up.

Eventually, everyone sits down with their potion in front of them.

"Alright class, when I call on your name please tell me what you smell." Snape insttucts.

Everyone's scents were fairly boring. Wood, flowers, peppermint, fruit, fire. Very vague scents.

Things started to get somewhat interesting when Snape called on Potter.

"Harry Potter." Snape calls out.

"Nothing." He says.

I roll my eyes, he's just trying to get more attention. The golden boy doesn't smell anything, boo hoo.

"I don't believe that for one second. Really get in there Potter." Potter did as he was told.

He sniffed the potion and shrugged, "I still don't smell anything." Potter states.

Snape sighs and continues.

"Draco Malfoy." Snape calls.

I move my head to smell the potion.

Well, that's weird.

I lean in to smell again.

"Nothing." I quietly say.

"Speak up." Snape demands.

"I don't smell anything." I repeat myself. Why can't I smell anything?

Snape sighs and doesn't even attempt to question me. He continues to call out students.

~

Snape started to dismiss class. But, before I could leave I can hear Snape calling out for me.

"Draco Malfoy, Harry Potter. Please come here." Snape instructed.

We did as we were told. I don't even want be near Potter.

Snape waits to talk until the whole class has left.

"You two have something very special and very rare. So rare that it doesn't even have a name yet. When you can't smell anything it either means you haven't opened up to your soulmate yet. Or, that you two are connected in some way." I'm in disbelief at Snape's words.

Connected? To Potter?

"Trust me Snape. I don't think Potter and I are connected." I cross my arms.

"Well, have you ever tried to have a civil conversation? How would you know?" Why is Snape talking to us like this? He's normally cold hearted, he doesn't care about our lives. He especially doesn't care about who our soulmates are.

Does Snape know something we don't?

"You two, stay here. I'm going to call in McGonagall." Snape quickly walks out of the classroom.

Silence. Neither of us dare to make a noise. If either of us attempts to talk to the other we'd probably end up killing each other. Hell, maybe that's Snape's plan. He wants one of us to take the other out for good.

Snape enters the classroon with a calm McGonagall.

"What's the problen?" She asks.

Snape starts to whisper things that I can't hear. But, I can see her nodding her head. When a large smile comes onto her face, I get worried.

"Well, I have the perfect solution for this. We need to test out both theoris, and I think we should get the hardest one out of the way." McGonagall starts, "You two will be sharing a dorm for the rest of the semester."

My heart sinks. The rest of the semester? With Potter? The semester just started!

I open my mouth to protest, but Snape immediatly shuts me down.

"No complaining Malfoy. You will do as McGonagall says." Snape demands.

"We'll have your belongings moved for you. You will want to find the painting of the hot air ballon. You'll say 'whatever floats a boat', and you'll be in. Got it?" McGonagall instructs.

Hot air ballon? There's a hot air ballon painting here?

"Got it." Potter and I mutter.

"You're dismissed." Snape says.

We both walk to our seperate houses to say our goodnyes. I know mine will be short.

~

"Where were you Draco?" Pansy asks.

"Snape just held me back for a moment. I'll be switching dorms." I quickly say. I don't want to make a big scene out of it.

"What?!" Pansy yells. The chattering in our common room stops.

"Keep it down, will you? It's not that big of a deal. It's only for the rest of the semester. I'm still a Slytherin." I whisper to Pansy.

"I don't even want to ask what you had to do to get moved to a completely different dorm." Pansy crosses her arms.

"Well, my stuff is already supposed to be there. See you tomorrow." I mutter before I leave the common room.

AN

-GROOVYLADY