"Hows Westwood?" Sarah quietly asked as she ran her fingers through her best friend's hair in a soothing motion. Jullian groaned and reluctantly opened his eyes.

"I'm going to burn it down" He decided, receiving a light laugh from Sarah. "They put me in anger management classes"

"Good. It's about fucking time" Sarah scoffed. Jullian childishly stuck his tongue out at her, only for her to flick him on his forehead. "Tell me more about your friends"

"I don't have friends" Jullian reminded her with a tight frown. "I have people that I tolerate"

"Okay, then tell me about the people you tolerate" Sarah mocked. Jullian smiled at how familiar this all was. Sarah was pretty... She had long dirty-blonde hair and round green eyes. Her skin was a flawless porcelain and she always had a bright smile. Everyone thought she was flawless by nature, but Jullian knew a few of her secrets that he often made fun of her for. Like the fact that she'd had a nose job or that she wore two pounds of makeup a day. But she always got him back...

"My roommate, Jayce. He's alright... He's very nerdy and a good basketball player. He doesn't talk much which is nice" Jullian began. "And a stoner from Ohio named Aiden. He doesn't know when to shut up but other than that, he's friendly enough"

"Weren't you tutoring someone?" Sarah asked, making Jullian groan in annoyance.

"The twink" He scoffed. "Austin... He's a fucking bitch" Sarah snorted and Jullian couldn't help smiling. He could always relax with Sarah... She was always there for him and was the last person in the world who cared about him. She was the only thing that kept him from completely losing it after Tristan...

"Sounds like you two have something in common"

_________________________________________

Aiden nervously messed with his hands as he headed up to his front door. He always hated coming home... It never felt like his house. He always felt like somebody who was just visiting. The house was small... Very small and cramped. There was always trash and empty bottles decorating it since everyone was too busy or too drunk to clean up. It was cluttered and overall just overwhelming.

He stepped around the broken glass on the front porch and headed inside. He wasn't sure what he expected... Maybe his mom would be home, but it was unlikely. She liked to go missing for months at a time. The only person who would for sure be there was Xander... Xander who was passed out on the kitchen floor with a bottle in his hand.

Aiden scowled and wasted no time in harshly kicking the boy's side. Xander groaned and held a hand to his side. His dark brown eyes fluttered open and he winced at the light filling the room. It was weird for Aiden to be back. Like a switch had gone off in his mind telling him he could no longer be himself. He had to be cold and closed off... That way nobody could hurt him or use him. Poverty did things to people... It made them feel weak and out of control. So when they finally found somebody as easy to manipulate as Aiden, it was like a swarm of vultures that found an animal carcass.

"Get up" Aiden scoffed. "And you say I'm a disappointment" Xander rolled his eyes and grumbled something inaudible. He was obviously hungover and it wasn't a pretty sight... But Aiden was used to it. Xander wasn't as perfect as he presented himself to be. He might not be an addict like the rest of his family, but he liked to drink.

"No, but you are a little bitch" Xander groaned. "Welcome home" Aiden bit down on his bottom lip before giving Aiden a quick and uncertain nod. Yeah... Home.

"I'll be in my room" Aiden mumbled. He headed down the hallway, stepping over the trash bags filled with clothes and garbage. He made his way into a messy and cluttered room with two beds in it. He had shared the room with Micah since he was born... He was honestly surprised nobody cleared out of things when he went to prison. If Aiden had been there he would have scavaged the place and sold most of Micah's things since he was a bit of a hoarder.