◈ Chapter 33 ◈

Start from the beginning

Half an hour passed, and the driver stopped the cab near an apartment building, an old one though.

He didn't really hoped for Namjoon to be hiding there, because it wasn't really his own. The old rusty apartment belonged to his parents.

It seemed as if no one ever lived here for ten to twenty years.

"A great place to hide"

It was the last destination, and his last hope. Hoseok signalled the cab driver to leave, knowing that he already paid a handsome sum beforehand.

Hesitating a little, he stepped inside the building. The old building was not in the main Ilsan city, it was somewhere near the outskirts.

The first time Taehyung got hold of Namjooon, Hoseok did a great background research on him.

Every little thing... and so was he here.

For a while Hoseok thought no one lived in this whole condo, but a light footstep noise made him look at a particular direction with furrowed eyebrows.

For a while he thought, maybe some beggar sort of person lives here, but on second thought, it made him believe it was someone he was looking for.

Without hesitation this time, he stepped forward, taking light steps, trying hard not to alert the one hiding in the building.

It was a big corridor with plenty of doors, each apartments. Hoseok wandered around the corridor for sometime, hoping that he would hear it again.

After couple good minutes passed, he sighed before taking heavy steps to the main lobby, tired.

It was when he suddenly heard a voice. Not a voice to be exact, it was someone crying. A girl.

Without wasting even a single second, he ran towards the sound of cries with the thought that maybe a little girl was in need of help, no wonder he heard light footsteps.

But as soon as he got into the scene, he noticed the girl curled, sobbing and leaning onto a wall.

But she wasn't alone.

Beside her, with a face of defeat, was crouching a man he was looking for days...Kim Namjoon.

------

"You won't believe me, but there is a big problem", Eunji looked at Jungkook with a worried look.

He stopped smoking, now looking at the worried one before him and gesturing her to go on.

"Taehyung is at the door-"

"What the fuck do you mean?!", dropping the cigarette he held on the ground, he looked at her surprised and furiously.

"He is at the door, knocking violently and I bet he's going to break it if I don't let him in", Jungkook hissed in annoyance, tapping his foot on the ground.

"He can't know I'm here! Besides those two in the basement, our whole plan will be ruined if he gets to know", running his hand through his hair, Jungkook cursed.

"I'll hide in the attic for the time being, make sure the noise from the basement doesn't reaches his ears"

"And how will I make sure of it?", with hands on her waist, she gave Jungkook a sarcastic questioning look which he shrugged off immediately.

"I don't care, do whatever. I told you beforehand that your house wasn't the best option to keep those two fellows. Now bear it", Jungkook said and ran up the stairs before Taehyung takes a glance at him. Who knows if he comes inside, breaking the door.