Chapter 28

Aria's POV

I sighed as I looked at the building in front of me. It is not as huge as 'Parker Industries' but the structure of the building is really beautiful. I locked my car and went towards what seems to be like reception. Honestly, this looks like an hotel rather than an apartment. The lobby area was pristine clean with the theme of brown and white. There was a desk on which a lady was sitting. Without wasting another minute, I went towards her.

"Um..Good afternoon. My name is Aria Campbell and I am Mr Parker's assistant. Can you tell me his apartment number."

"Good afternoon Ma'am. Do you have your name on guest list."

"No actually I am here for some important work."

"I am sorry Ma'am. I can't allow you to go up without Sir's permission."

"Umm........perhaps you could ask him now."

I don't know why I said that. I just thought that if she calls him and informs him about me waiting here; he might give me the permission. God, why the due date of this contract must be today itself when he decided not to come at office.

The receptionist was looking baffled by my request. I am sure many girls would have came here with different identities in order to spend some time with him. How can she just trust me. So I removed my ID from the bag and gave her. Once she confirmed that I am really his assistant she gave a polite smile and picked up the landline to call him I guess.

After she called twice did someone recieved it.

"Sorry to disturb you sir but Miss Campbell is here and is requesting to meet you."

"...................."

"Okay sir."

"....................."

"Yes sir. Have a good day."

She kept the phone and turned to me.

"Someone will soon escort you to his apartment. You can wait there."

She gestured towards the couches. I thanked her and made my way to sit there. What did she mean someone will escort me. I just shrugged my shoulders at that thought and took my phone out to do timepass.

After five minutes, a man in black suit looking like a bodyguard; came near me,

"Miss Campbell?"

"That would be me."

"I'll escort you to Mr Parker."

I nodded and followed him to the elevator. He entered a gold card in the scanner and then pressed 20th floor. But when I first entered the lift only 19 floors was seen. I didn't know you need to have a card in order to press the button to your floor. I sighed and decided not to further think about that. The elevator dinged indicating we have reached. The man gestured me to go first and I did. I looked at the floor to see there was only one door.

'Ofcourse Mr Nathan Parker owns a floor. What do you expect from a freaking billionaire.'

The man or bodyguard went towards the door and pressed the doorbell. A minute later Nathan opened the door in dark blue sweatpants with black vest. His usual gell back hair were messy and disheveled. Upon looking very closely he had light dark circles under his eyes and his face was also looking tired. He was looking at me and then turned to the man beside me,

"You can leave Archer."

"Yess boss."

Nathan nodded at him and then turned to me.