6. Engagement shopping 💙

Nandini's pov:
I know shopping is not meant for me. I never enjoyed shopping. I know that shopping took all our energy my never in my wild dream I imagined my engagement shopping this way. I am literally struck between my cool mom in law who is stubborn on the fact that I must choose a gown as she felt I would look really outstanding in it and my mother who is reluctant about it and wants me to go with lehenga. I am struck between my modern mother in law and traditional mom. I don't want to hurt both of them by choosing other one's dress. So I am waiting for them to come to a conclusion. Only after we decide my dress, we can buy Manik ji's dress as both our parents wants us to either colour coordinate or wear contrast. Yes two contrasting views from same persons. I was really bored with them trying to convince each other. So I strolled out a bit hoping to get some fresh air. But then noticed a helpless Manik.

"Nandini I want to talk with you" I was really surprised because this is the first time after our meet we are talking. We didn't exchange our phone numbers because both of us felt one thing common. If we talk everything now, then what will be left for us to talk in the future? I mean even after engagement, we have time. Immediately you may question me, then how will I know about him, what if he is wrong and all. But to all of you, you might call me old trend but I really trust my parents decision. I mean, they have always wanted good for me. I mean best for me. So I can blindly trust. My mom judges people really well and if someone is getting tagged as good person by her, then he must be really good. Wait I am zoning out. Manik ji is calling me.

"Sorry I was a bit zoned out. Can we move a bit outside and talk?"

"Sure" they quickly moved out of the shop and found a cute little cafe. I instantly felt hungry.

"Manik ji, can we order something and talk I am really hungry" I told and Manik chuckled.

"Nandini I am just 4 years elder to you. Why make me an oldie by calling me ji and all! Please call me Manik"

"Okay Manik. I thought you will be someone who feels a girl shouldn't call her husband by her name. I mean would be husband" and on freaking earth, I blushed. That husband word is really rare for me and this is the first time I am using it. My husband.

"No nandini. I am not that orthodox"

"I am understanding now Manik. Anyway what would you like to eat"

"How about oreo milkshake?"
"Great! Then I will order French fries and chocolate milkshake for myself"
Soon we placed the order.

"Nandini don't judge me but I just wanted to ask, you are a doctor and as far as I know, doctors are health conscious. Why did you order French fries?"

"Um... actually Manik, doctors can have cheat day too ;) I am bored of shopping and their arguments regarding the dress I mean bro why can't they decide something quickly and we all go home"

"Wait bro! Nandini don't bro zone me"

"Of course not. It just slipped out of my tongue. Sorry"

"It's okay. Anyway I wanted to suggest you something. Why not you go for a fusion of traditional and modern? I mean you can opt for lehanga right?!"

"Manik. You know what. You are a genius" I exclaimed and did something stupid out of my excitement. I clenched him arm. Great way to embarrass yourself Nandini. I know its just his arm but those first touches are always special.

"I am sorry "

"Its okay I understand. Lets eat and go quickly to choose your lehanga"
And then ladies and gentleman he stole my heart. I mean how can someone be this much understanding. I swear no boy knows the different ethnic wear for woman. And this man!!
And then we both silently went to lehanga section.

"Please show us some engagement lehanga" and again he asked the sales man. And you know what he did, he chose the leganga for me while I was staring him in awe.

"Hey can you try this one? I really liked this royal blue lehanga. Did you like it or should we see something else?" Why would I choose something else? This man chose the best dress.

"I love this. I will try it out" saying so, I went inside the trail room. Seems like this dress was crafted specially for me. I swirl around in happiness. I quickly changed back to my normal dress and went out. But then, I noticed disappointment in his eyes. Oh my manik, what happened? Wait my Manik? Its okay it is bound to happen. And then my blush came back to my face.

"Manik what happened? Why did you become sad all of a sudden? Even though you quickly covered it with your smile, I noticed a flash of disappointment"

"I am surprised you noticed this much about me. Don't see me as a creep but I really wanted to see you in that dress"

"I guessed it. But it would even better if you saw me on the day of engagement"

"It's okay, the gift of patience is huge. Anyway let's go outside and show this to them. Hopefully they will agree"

******************
I feel this happens with everyone who does their engagement shopping. Did you like the story so far? Do let me know.