The Goddess of Laziness

.
.
.

Hela's POV

I thought it was just like my day everyday in Nilfheim. I woke up because of the noise of my secretary.

Knock, knock,,,

" Raise, my queen! We have a lot of jobs to do! " The secretary exclaimed in a really loud and disturbing voice. ' norns, can everyone just stop for once to disturb my precious sleep!? ' I grumbled to myself.

" My queen!! Hela! Wake up! " The noise didn't want to stop until I said a word.

" I already wake up, thanks " I answered heavily. I thought after hearing my answer, he immediately left my room. Maybe like he said, we're busy.

I tried to get out of my bed, but right after I managed to sit down, I fell back into my bed. My laziness is stronger than my zeal. I'm not lazy, I'm just tired.

When I was made queen of the dead, I thought it would be as good as I saw it from my father. But that's not what I expected at all, all I do every day is just sit on the chair and check the paper I don't even know what it is. Mother was right. Being a queen is hard.

I miss my precious moments in Asgard. when I have a lot of free time and I can read any book and whenever I want.

I want to go back to Asgard.

Well, how about that? I always get what I want, right?

******

" Hela! Finally. Come here, many tasks await you today. " My secretary said when I stepped into my office room. He looks like a rotting corpse to me. Well, he was already dead, but this time he looked really tired. more tired than me. really how big a pile to work with?

I cringe a little when I see a HUGE pile of paper waiting for me. Are those papers really necessary?

I covered my unhappy face with my special smile.
"I think there's a lot of work for me every day? Well however, this is not even a special day. " I muttered to myself and the secretary.And he just replied with a nod and looked at my chair with a look begging me to start my work.

With that, I walked to my chair and sat on it.But after I stared in horror at the pile of paper, I flipped over my chair and confronted my secretary.

" Aarav, I see you seem to turn into a rotting corpse. What if I suggest you take a break from your royal duties? " my advice to my secretary named Aarav. he looked surprised I suggested it.

I can't go back to Asgard if Aarav's still here. He's going to deploy an army to stop me from leaving here. It's his job. the duty of a secretary who must ensure the royal leader completes their duties before taking time off. But with this much pile of paper, who can get it done? I'm sure my father will also be lazy to do this whole task.

He looked at me with an unpredictable stare. This guy is really complicated. Then he sighed.
" I really want to do it, my queen, but my job is not finished.I'm sorry to refuse your wise suggestion, but I won't take time off when it's not yet time" he politely declined. Although Aarav said that I could tell that he wanted a short leave of absence more than anything else.

" And what job is it? " I asked. if he refuses politely, then all I have to do is push him politely too. Looks like I have to use my golden tongue ability.

" Of course you know. My job is you. To make sure you do your whole job." he replied calmly.

"I can still do my job even if I have or don't have you. Come on,you need a break, I can do this myself " I got up from my chair and opened the green portal using my magic. I pulled Aarav's hand towards the portal.

" Wait! What are you doing!? " Aarav pulls his hand from mine. He looked at me with wonder, tired, annoyed, all mixed into one. See? He's now really like a decomposing corpse.

" What else do I do besides ask you to rest for your own health?" I started.

" Look, How long has it been since you played with your family at Valhalla. I'm sure it's been over 100 years. Therefore, I will give you as long as you need to rest. You can come back once you feel well. "
I'm trying to convince him.

he didn't answer anything and just looked at me in wonder in silence.

I tried another argument.
" If you worry about me, don't worry. I can take care of my own duties like I said earlier. I'm sure you haven't given your wife that much service in-" for that one, he quickly interrupted me.

" Alright, alright. " He sighed, his face now buried in his hands.

" Alright, I took the leave. " Finally he said. before I say anything he adds

" but what are you sure can handle this yourself. not meant to mock you, my queen. but you can't even wake up yourself " He said. even though he said that if he didn't mean to mock, for some reason I felt like I was being ridiculed.

"I'm sure I'll be fine. You don't have to worry about me. I hela odindottir the goddess of death, nothing can stop me" why do I feel I'm really arrogant?

Aarav looks at me doubtfully. I'm guessing he's arguing with his own mind, is it good to leave me alone. finally he sighed.

" Well then, my queen. I will take my leave now." despite the doubt he still took his leave. Before he walked into that green portal he grabbed my shoulder and said

" Good luck following you, my queen. If you need help call me, ok? " I nodded. Aarav is not only my dead man's royal secretary, he is also my best friend since childhood. unfortunately he died while fighting. I'm lucky to have an understanding friend like him.

he gave me a smile once again, then entered the portal and disappeared from my sight.

" Finally! I can go back to Asgard! " I exclaimed excitedly. I throw all the papers in front of me.

" Haa! Bye bye the paper I don't know what's the point." I opened another green portalportal to Asgard. I looked at the window of my room.

" Bye Nilfheim Bye hel. I will return soon. don't wait for me. What bad things can happen while I'm gone? this is the realm of the dead. nobody's gonna mess this place up"
I muttered just before entering the portal and leaving Nilfheim.

Like I said, what's the worst thing that can happen while I'm gone? I'm sure there won't be.

I hope so...