HH(Chapter - 5)

Its 4:00 pm, Ava would be waiting for me. God... why can't I drive. Sometimes, it feels like a disability, like now. I mean I'm 17, people of my age fly cars and I don't even know how to start one. Life sucks!

"Cole, Can you please drop me at Ava's house?" I almost pleaded to him, I have to because Rayna wasn't home yet. She has been coming home late due to work pressure otherwise she takes me wherever I have to be, this extra pampering is the reason that I don't know how to drive .

He was lounging on the couch in the living room and playing video games. "What's in it for me, lil sis ?" he rolled in the couch to lay on his stomach and asked sitting his chin over an arm of it.

"So mean of you Cole ," I scowled.

"World works this way lil sis ," he said in a rather old wise man tone and chuckled. He again rolled in the couch to his initial position and continued playing his stupid game with his back resting against the foam cushions.

"Ugh...", an angry puppy look occupied my face, He's a house of annoyance. I headed towards the door to walk to Ava's house.

As soon as he saw me grabbing my jacket and stuff, probably dad's angry face would have flashed through his mind. He jumped out of the couch and asked me from behind, "Wait, where are you going ?  

"I'll go there myself", I yelled back as I was stepping out of the porch, my fainted voice made its way to his ears.

"Hey, No, no, I can't let you go alone. I'm coming." he hastily picked up his jacket and the keys of the car and followed me stumbling through the front door. I didn't stop walking to take revenge for irritating me when I asked him for the first time.

"Dad, will be happy to know that I'm taking care of myself and not bothering you for anything. He will feel great," I kept a hand over my face to hide my sarcastic smile. I enjoy infuriating him as much as he does annoying me.

I turned my head behind, still walking, and saw him stand for a while, imagining consequences. He shook of the thoughts and started approaching me.

"Fine, I'll even pick you up from her home. She hulk," he said stepping into my way.

" I knew it", I said pulling his cheeks and laughing.

"You're so mean Claire," he frowned.

"World works this way lil bro", I chuckled giving him the taste of his own medicine, "I love you Cole," I passed him a warm wide smile which he returned with an equally pleasing one.

"Okay, wait here while I take the car out of the driveway," he pulled out the car and drove towards where I was standing, I got in his black love.

I must complete my project by the end of this week, If I want to graduate. Mr. Pastor has strictly said that no delayed submissions will be considered under any circumstances. I've got the whole week, I'll finish. I shifted my thoughts to the scenery running along outside the window. London is actually very beautiful, I realized as I lost in the view flashing through the glass of the window. 

"Okay, now go but be ready at 7:00 p.m., I'll pick you up", like always he broke my meditation as we stopped at the texted address.

"Yes, Yes, sure, I'll be ready," I assured him and climbed out of my seat. By this time Sophie was already parking in the driveway. I approached her but Cole scurried away. He wouldn't have noticed Sophie, I guess. I let out a giggle.

" Hey, dear," she greeted me as excitedly as she did the first time.

"Hey, I have to say that I'm astonished by your dressing sense," it was difficult to hold the compliment as I guess she always looks stunning, like this morning and now.