chapter 6

Quirks. What are they? Where did they come from? How did humanity evolve to the point of having super powers? She didn't know. She would like to unravel that mystery some time though. Apparently people think rats were the cause. To think that rats are the ones to thank for the new society. She couldn't really wrap her head around it.

Quirks. There are multiple types and such. But there are three main categories. Or is it four? Emitter. Transformation. Mutation. Is accumulation belonging to the three? Again she didn't know and didn't think about it too much. She couldn't think about it even if she wanted to. There were other things she needed to concern herself with. More important things she had to deal with even if she didn't want to. Her actions had consequences even though she was not aware of the actions that brought the consequences.

She was staring down at her hands as the adults conversed. She wasn't paying any attention to them. She couldn't bring herself to. She knew that if she were to focus on them she would be feeling worse than she already was. She was sure if she played attention to the words being exchanged she would be in pain again. She didn't want to hear the accusations. The angered words of other parents. They were angry because of what she had done to their sons. She didn't mean to. She didn't even know what happened. One minute she was sure to get another burn the next she wakes up confused. The three boys were unconscious. Parents were called. A semi meeting was held with the headmaster of the school.

When the boys woke up fingers were pointed. All at her. She was the bad guy. She had hurt them. She had started it all. No one ever tells the whole story. They never tell the parts where they are the villain. They didn't tell their parents about the bullying. They didn't tell them that they started it. That they backed her into a corner. That they frightened her.

What ever happened to them was their fault. She wasn't sorry. She didn't know what she did but it had an affect on the boys. She didn't care. They seemed afraid. Whenever they looked at her fear flashed in those eyes. She didn't care. She didn't care that she might have hurt them. She didn't care at all. In fact she would be more than content to learn that she had harmed them in some way. At least they would feel a sliver of what they put her through.

She didn't care about them. She never will. She hated them. She hated them all.

She was glaring down at her hands now. She made the mistake of focusing on the conversation. One of the boys accused her of trying to seriously hurt them. He said she had a villainous quirk.

Look at him . Pointing fingers because he got a little scared. Whenever she looked at him he flinched. Was he really trying to make himself feel better by getting her in trouble?

Villainous quirk. She never ran that thought through her mind. She had considered being quirkless. She had considered being given a weak quirk. She had considered being somehow gifted with a powerful quirk. She hadn't considered the possibility of a quirk that was doubted villanous.

What made a quirk villainous?

Nothing really. She didn't believe in such a thing. The person with the darkest of quirks could become a hero. The person with the brightest of quirks can become a villain. It mattered not what type of quirk one had.

One would note that the villains tend to have quirks society don't agree with. She couldn't remember seeing a villain with the power of the sun. Why? It's simple enough. Society is to blame. They see someone with a quirk that harnesses the dark. They fear it. They despise it. They dub it villainous. Because it's dark. It's dangerous. Because people don't like it. They fear it. They are uncomfortable because of it. So what do they do? They shun the person with said quirk. Belittling them. Isolating them. Treating them as lowlifes.