Madison's POV

Part 2

After dinner at Al Mac's, we straight up went home.

We're all in the living room. Everybody's loosening up.

Matt and Ella were talking on the floor, leaning back on the long sofa where Tyler is lying. Tyler got tired since he drove all the way we went through. Plus, Al Mac's diner is on the opposite road from the airport to home base.

"Ty, have you got your car fixed?" Asked Matt. All eyes went to Tyler except me.

Guilt is all over me.

The car we used earlier was Ella's. I didn't know she learned to drive.

"I'll pick it at the repair shop next week," simply Ty answered, still eyes closed.

Matt's eyes automatically went to me. Giving me the blaming-look.

Geez! I know it's my fault. But it's not all my fault!

"Hey, Matt, maybe we can have some midnight snacks? The one we used to eat? What was that again, Ty?" Ella shakes Ty's arms. She just saved me from the fire.

"It's just a Shrimp Chowder, silly." Matt answered for Ty, and pated Ella's head with a little smile on his face. My face slowly frowned for the attitude he's giving to me. She's only good to Ella.

He stood up and nodded his head to me. "What snack do you want, Ducky?"

I frowned more for calling me Ducky, I say "Nah, thanks. I've something to do."

He just shrugged then walked to the kitchen.

I took the first step on the stairs but stopped and look back to Ty. I just wanted you to say something but I don't think it's the right time to started a serious talk. We're all tired.

***

I was busy watching the lecture video that our English prof has given to us. This is the first time we had an asynchronous class and I almost want to give up for not understanding anything. Though, I don't really understand things even in synchronous class.

The thing is! I need to learn something since he also gave us homework. I wouldn't able to do the homework if I didn't learn something.

Wait, I could copy Sarah's homework though. Just a little paraphrasing then... voila!

Nice! Looks like a plan.

While I was thinking how to get things done easily, someone knocked on my door. I explosively laid my arms on my desk and escaped an heavy sighed.

"Hi." Ty showed up with his half body sneaking over the door. Looks like they're ready to go.

I drop down my headset around my neck and greet him back. "Hi, you're going?"

"Yeah. But, can we talk first?" He speaks with a serious face which confused me a bit. I felt the air suddenly became heavy, without me knowing what all this serious matter is all about. I totally have no Idea.

"Yeah, sure."

He finally entered the room, standing three meters away.

"I just want to say I'm leaving to-uhmm... I'm going Texas." I nodded and waited for what he'd say next, but no one came out from his lips so I had the urge to speak.

"Until when? When are you leaving?" I asked since he's not giving more information. Besides, I'm kinda curious. He was just going to Texas so why being serious? I mean, yeah he has a serious face at all the time, but it's crazy different right now.

"I'm leaving for good," he admits.

My jaw slowly dropped. My brows rose up. I never expect him to leave for good.

"My flight is on Saturday," he added.

I went back my eyes on my front, looking in distance, trying to grasp it all.

"Why are you telling me this?" I saw how his face turned uneasy. Like I sounded bad. Well, I didn't mean to sound bad. It just... that's what came out from my mouth.

"I don't know. I felt the urge of telling you this. It feel so wrong if I wouldn't." He chuckles bitterly.

"Hmm." I bit my lower lips and slowly nodded. "Alright, take care then." The last thing I said and put my headset back on my ears. I opened my long unused Spotify and play random music to the maximum volume. 

Without anything more to say, he left.

Through all the night, I was numb. I can't think straight for my acads. What Tyler said was all over my head.