Chapter 9

As far as Bykuran was concerned, there are two types of people in this world which he could easily separate into rather simple categories:

Those who was His and those that would attempt to steal what was His.

To be honest, as of this moment; not many feel into the former category. So far the former only held the Gesso Familigai and Five of his Guardians- though he hoped it would soon become a full set once he discovered how to beat his Sun's Story Mode' as becoming a Player had drastically altered the storyline- to date.

Dino Chiavarone, on the other hand; fell into the latter category.

That pesky Sky- according to Bluebell's newest report- had set his eyes on something the blond-haired Sky should never have even held the right the breathe on. Daisy was His Sun, damn it! He was the one who was meant to save them, the one who would make them Gods, He was the one who would fulfill their dreams while sheltering their fragile- and oh so broken- minds from the cruelty of this world.

So why was it everyone suddenly seemed so interested in His Sun?!

Many people would probably believe being a Hibari was all 'Fun and Games'; that since you were automatically the 'Alpha Dog' anything and everything went your way without so much as a road bump in your path...

Bullshit.

If anything being a Hibari- adopted or not- was probably the largest health hazard someone could ever have. Sure, most people would automatically consider you the 'Alpha Dog' and a large majority was too terrified of you to so much as set a foot onto your path but for every person that avoided you another twenty wanted nothing more than to have your severed head served on a silver platter if only for the bragging rights such an event would entitle.

While it pained Daisy to admit it, assassination attempts were so common in the Hibari Clan that the greenette actually knew most of those that survived the encounter on a name-to-name basis. Hell, she had even eaten dinner and celebrate New Years' with a couple of them after Mama Hibari invited them over upon learning they had no living relatives to celebrate with.

And that was just the procedure for a 'Normal' Hibari.

Those born- or adopted- into the Main Household had to take into consideration the even larger-than-life target planted firmly onto their backs thanks to being of direct relationship to 'Mr. Clam of the Storm' before they could do anything.

It was an annoyance, in Daisy's own opinion, to have to rethink every step she took before she could even take them; but there wasn't much she could do as everyone- allies, enemies, and even complete strangers- sought some form of leverage to hold over the Storm Arcobaleno. Still...The fact she had to do so because of Fon was probably the greatest annoyance in the greenette's life as it proved despite her disdain for him; the Storm had a steady foothold within her life.

Truth be told, the greenette would like to believe she handled these issues well enough- Despite their best attempts, she was still alive and planned to stay that way for a great deal of time to come- but as someone once told her:

Luck was a fickle thing.

It would favor someone one moment then abandon them the next without so much as a backward glance. Everyone who had it would eventually lose it and Daisy was no exception to that. Of course, no one who lost their luck would instantly be aware of it- it's not Luck sent out a notice detailing her sudden departure- until it was far too late to really do anything about it.