"I talked to Cho-a and Kun about it. Since Young-hee now knows about her, there is no use in trying to keep it a secret. It would be best if the rest of the guys hear it from her personally," he explained.

"You are going to gather all 23 of us?" Jeno asked quickly at which Jisung just nodded.

However, his reply made Chenle frown. Doubtfully, he raised a brow.
"There is no way you are doing that just to introduce Cho-a. Everyone's way too busy for that."

Jisung smiled awkwardly. "Well, yeah, you're right."

Satisfied, Chenle linked his fingers behind his head and leaned his head against his hands. He shrugged, nonchalance dripping from his every movement.

"Of course I'm right," he pushed out in faked arrogance and very real confidence.

Ignoring him, Jisung continued. "Taemin and Yuta confirmed that Hyun-joo is going to attack me soon - and probably Cho-a too." He sighed.

He looked at Cho-a first, then at Renjun and said, "We can't wait any longer. We have to discuss it with everyone before Hyun-joo makes a move."

It was meant as a clarification as well as an apology. Although Jisung had talked to Kun and Cho-a, he hadn't talked to Renjun yet. He had his reasons, of course.

For Jisung, it was most important to hear what Cho-a had to say regarding this matter and he wanted her to say it before she got to hear Renjun's opinion. Renjun's words always seemed to affect her too much to give her the option to decide freely.

But Renjun didn't mind. He understood Jisung. "Whatever Cho-a is comfortable with, I am comfortable with," he reassured him.

It made Cho-a smile, and Jaemin as well.

"Naw, look at the kids getting along~," he said happily.

Renjun frowned. "I'm older than you."

"Barely."

"Anyway," Jisung interrupted them. "I'll call everyone together. Jaemin and Jeno, you have to come too."

"Sure."

After that, they kept talking about it. However, Cho-a wasn't keeping attention anymore as she was looking at something else.

Someone else, that just passed by their table with a few meters of distance between them. However, she still managed to spot the girl and the girl spotted her too.

Kyung-soon.

Kyung-soon who, after glaring at Cho-a, suddenly looked at Jisung, ogling him.

With her jaw clenched and eyes lying on Kyung-soon persistently, she reached out and slung her arm around Jisung's waist. She pulled herself closer to him whilst she also glared at the other girl.

More than confused, Jisung looked at her in surprise. "What's going on?"

Cho-a inhaled sharply, not taking her eyes off Kyung-soon who stood still as she glared back at the younger girl.

And then she rolled her eyes and left.

"Man, I really hate her," she exhaled, causing Jisung to look over to Kyung-soon who, just a moment later, disappeared behind a corner.

"Are you jealous?" Jisung teased.

For a reaction, however, Cho-a could offer nothing more than a half-hearted huff and the note that,

"Of course not." She looked him up and down. "I know you like me and not her, why would I get jealous? I'm just bothered because she is annoying."

Humming in agreement, Jaemin gave her a thumbs up. "Love the confidence, Cho-a."

She smiled, put a hand above her heart as she pretended to be overly touched.
"Thanks Jaemin."

"You really aren't jealous at all?" Jisung questioned, feeling a little disappointed.

Cho-a shook her head. "I don't know if I would get jealous," she replied thoughtfully. "I think I would get angry before I get jealous."

Chenle nodded approvingly. "Love that."

"What?" Renjun questioned.

"Jealousy won't get her far but if she is annoyed she can just take his powers and throw him into a river or something," he explained excitedly.

Cho-a frowned. "I don't think I would manage to do that after taking his powers."

But there was no need to worry because Chenle had her back after all. He smiled happily.
"I'll help you."

Baffled, Jisung let his eyes jump from Chenle to Cho-a and back.

"Whose side are you on exactly?" he asked them.

They replied at the same time but whereas Cho-a said "mine", Chenle said "hers."

Jisung sighed. "I have horrible friends."

• River

Chenle is so supportive 🤧

Also, a few of you wondered who I meant in the first OT23 chapter (chapter 21) when I wrote...

[He looked intimidating. Tall, muscular built and carried a strict expression. "New members~!" he suddenly said loudly. His strict expression turned bright, puppy eyes and an excited grin.]

...you'll find out in the next chapter. Some said it's Lucas, some said it's Johnny.

Well well well you'll find out soon 😌