03 ; Finding Jasper

Life Support ; Sam Smith

Three;

//

Dedicated to ohctavia because I love her story Fearless, it's amazing.

//

"What the hell was it?" Bellamy asks Octavia.

"I don't know, the others said it looked like a giant snake," Octavia tells Bellamy.

"You could have been killed," her brother says.

"She would have been if Jasper didn't jump in to pull her out," Clarke said.

"You guys leaving?" Octavia gets up and starts to follow Clarke. "I'm coming too."

"No, no. No way, not again," Taylor says.

"She's right, your leg's just gonna slow us down," Clarke said.

"I'm here for you," a guy named Atom said.

"Clarke what are you doing?" Bellamy asks the blonde.

"I hear you have a gun, follow me," Clarke ordered.

"And why would I do that?" Bellamy asks.

"Because you want them to follow you, and right now, they're thinking only one of us is scared," Clarke told him.

"Murphy, come with me. Atom? My sister doesn't leave this camp. Is that clear?" Bellamy tells them.

Taylor runs up behind Bellamy, "if you are going, them I am too."

//

"Hey, hold us. What's the rush? You don't survive a spear through the heart," Bellamy says.

"Put the gun away, Bellamy," Clarke commands.

"Well, why don't you do something about it?"

"Jasper screamed when they moved. If the spear struck his heart, he'd have died instantly. It doesn't mean we have time to waste," Clarke said.

"As soon as you take this wrist band off we an go," Bellamy tells her.

"The only way the Ark is gonna think I'm dead is if I'm dead. Got it?" Clarke said.

Taylor groans, "what a buzz kill."

//

Taylor perked up when she heard a distant moan.

"Jasper, oh my god," Taylor breathes.

Taylor runs forward, she takes a step toward the tree and falls through the ground. Bellamy grabs her wrist, he sighs in relief. A tear rolls down Taylor's cheek.

"Taylor! Get her up! Pull her up! Pull her up! Pull her up!" Finn yelled.

"You okay?" Bellamy asks.

Taylor nods and he pulls her into a hug. She buries her face into the crook of his neck, his grip tightens around her waist.

"I'll climb up there and cut the vines," Murphy told the group.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm with you," Finn said.

"There's a poultice on his wound," Clarke observed.

"Medicine? Why would they save his life just to string him up as live bait?" Taylor asks.

"Maybe what they're trying to catch like it's dinner to be breathing," Bellamy suggested.

"Maybe what they're trying to catch is us," Clarke added.

//

"Hurry up, Murphy!" Taylor barked.

Taylor heard something that sounded like a growl come from the bushes behind them. She slowly turns around to see what it was.

"What the hell was that?"

"Grounders?" Finn suggests.

The growling became louder and soon turned into a snarl. Something jumped out of the bushes, Bellamy, gun!"

Someone began to fire the gun, it hits the panther like thing around three times. Wells clicks the trigger repeatedly but no bullets come out. He was breathing heavily. Bellamy pulls Taylor closer to him.

//

Taylor and Bellamy walked into the camp holding a tarp containing the body of the panther.

"Who's hungry?" Taylor yelled, her and Bellamy set the tarp on the ground.

//

Finn walks up to where the meat was being cooked. He grabbed a stick of meat but Taylor stopped him.

"Whoa, whoa. Wait, wait, wait. What, you think you play by different rules?"

"I thought there were no rules," Finn asked.

[not edited]