Chapter 5

Ah yes, the beautiful smell of dusty vents. It was getting darker and darker as I crawled through. Too bad I can't go back thanks to Michael. Who was getting really annoying.

"Move faster! Damn.."

"Stoppit!"

"Just get moving! And get your foot out of my face-"

"Ughhhh how long is this vent shaft?"

"I dont kno-"

"Allow me to fill this somewhat frightening silence with some light-hearted banter. Due to the massive success and even more-so the unfortunate closing of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, it was clear that the stage was set – no pun intended – for another contender in children's entertainment. Unlike most entertainment venues, our robotic entertainers are rented out for private parties during the day, and it's your job to get the robots back in proper working order before the following morning."

"Cheery"

~~~

I sat on the floor and sighed in relief. Finally. Inner peace.

"You are now in the Primary Control Module. It is actually a crawlspace between the two front showrooms. Now let's get started with your daily tasks. View the window to your left. This is the Ballora Gallery Party Room and Dance Studio, encouraging kids to get fit and enjoy pizza. Let's turn on the light, and see if Ballora is on stage. Press the blue button on the elevated keypad to your left."

I stood up and pressed the cheap looking button. A light flickered to show nobody on stage.

"Uh-oh! It looks like Ballora doesn't feel like dancing. Let's give her some motivation. Press the red button now to administer a controlled shock. Maybe that will put the spring back in her step."

Huh. How do they even get off of their stage? I pressed the button which followed to a loud shock noise. We both flinched at the sound. That sounds like it hurt.

"Let's check the light again."

I pushed the button again to see "Ballora" back on stage.

"Excellent! Ballora is feeling like her old self again and will be ready to perform again tomorrow. Now, view the window to your right. This is the Funtime Auditorium, where Funtime Foxy encourages kids to play and share. Try the light! Let's see what Funtime Foxy is up to."

Michael pressed the button and the stage was empty.

"Looks like Funtime Foxy is taking the day off. Let's motivate Funtime Foxy with a controlled shock."

"Um what exactly are controlled shocks..?" I asked. They seemed like a waste of power. "A shock to the animatronics" Michael repiled, pressing the red button. The loud zap sound sounded again. I moved forward and pressed the light button. No creepy fox on stage. Well that's bad.

"Let's try another controlled shock."

I pressed the button again.

"Looks like Funtime Foxy is in perfect working order. Great job! In front of you is another vent shaft. Crawl through it to reach the Circus Gallery Control Module."

"Great! Another vent shaft.." I crawled through the shaft to the other side. Surprisingly Michael didn't come. I sighed and called out for him.

"You coming?"

It took a while for Michael to answer. That's weird. "Hurry up, I wanna get out of here as soon as possible" A heard a barely audible "I know". Michael popped out of the shaft a few seconds later. We waited for handunit to instruct us to our next task.

"Uh so now what" Apparently handunit likes to be a jerk.

"On the other side of the glass is Circus Baby's Auditorium. Let's check the light, and see what Baby is up to

I pressed the light button and obviously, "Circus Baby" wasn't there. What did I expect?

"Looks like a few of the lights are out, but we can fix that later. Let's encourage Baby to cheer up with a controlled shock."

The button followed with another zap noise. I turned on the light and Circus Baby wasn't there.

"Let's try another controlled shock."

Zapping here again, I turned on the light. No creepy robot.

"Let's try another controlled shock."

Ok this was pissing me off now. I checked the light again and finally, Circus Baby was on stage.

"Great job, Circus Baby! We knew we could count on you! That concludes your duties for your first night on the job. We don't want you to leave overwhelmed, otherwise you might not come back. Please leave using the vent behind you, and we'll see you again tomorrow."

"They seem desperate for workers" I joked.

"Your not wrong" Michael said, clearly not joking.

"Um what now?"

"Lets go back"

We crawled back through the vents to the elevator. We stood there in complete silence as the elevator brought us back up to the surface. The elevator dinged and we went outside. Michael drove us back to my house in complete silence. It was quite awkward. When we arrived, I thanked him.

"Sooo see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah.. see you tomorrow"

Oof. I hate this.