Chapter 1 : California

( this is based on a tv show but you will understand it if you haven't watched)
( the sequel to this book is now out)

She glared down at the piece of paper to her right , she could feel her heart beating faster and faster in her chest. ' you are invited to the marriage of Eric and Mateo' it said on the front of the card. Her heart sunk to her stomach as she knew she would have to face the people from her past , her mind was over flowing with memories , memories of him , but she knew it was over. The night prior to this, she had seen a post on his Instagram, a picture with a new girl , they were in his favourite restaurant , the restaurant where him and Amy had been many times before. That night she lay awake , remembering all the good times that they had shared , every time she thought of them , she felt like she couldn't breathe , especially now she knew he'd moved on.

It was a week before the wedding and Amy was preparing to leave for St. Louis to help her brother set up. She was bringing Parker and Emma so that they could visit their dad as they did every month. As she was emptying her draws and throwing all of the fanciest clothes and jewellery that she could find into her suitcase , she found a picture. Her mind flashed back to the picture that she took from her office , a picture of her and Jonah at a management conference she went to before she was even manger herself. She showed a faint smile before sliding it back into her draw and resuming her packing. At last it was time to leave and so she lifted all of her suitcases into her big expensive company car and off she went. She couldn't help imaging what it was going to be like when she saw him again.