"Are you alright Bug?" I kissed her forehead.

"I'm hungry!" She threw her arms up in the air, sighing exasperatedly. "Becky burnt the food."

"Yes he did. It's okay, I'll make you pancakes."

"I wanna help!" I sighed softly, picking her up setting her on my hip. This is going to take so much longer with Jayce's help but she's so excited. I can't tell her no.

So somehow I manage with a toddler attached to my body, I get together the ingredients for brown sugar banana pancakes. Which sound more difficult to make than they actually are. It's a task that should only take about fifteen minutes, but with Jayce's help it was more like thirty. Granted I did cheat by using boxed pancake mix as the base, but only because I know that Beckham doesn't own baking powder. Pancakes from scratch were out of the question.

While Beckham cleaned up the kitchen, I sat Jayce-Lynn back down on the island. Since her butt had already contaminated it and it needed to be cleaned anyways, setting her plate of food down in front of her.

"Are they good Bug?" She nodded her head since her mouth was full of food. Then stabbed her fork through another piece of the pancakes I had cut for her, holding it up to my mouth.

She's so sweet. I smiled softly opening my mouth to let her feed me the bite of food. Beckham had also made a for himself or at least I assumed it was for him but he slid in the space between us on the island, wrapping an arm around my waist.  

"Thanks for cooking the pancakes, babe." He kissed my cheek causing Jayce to scrunch her nose up. I couldn't help but laugh at her reaction.

"You're welcome. Now everyone eat up, we have to leave for my appointment in an hour."

"What appointment?" Jayce innocently tilted her head to the side in curiosity.

"Mimi has a doctors appointment." Beck answered before I had to chance to. I stepped on his foot, giving him a look that told him to stop talking.

"Are you sick?"

"Yes."   "No." Beckham responded at the same time that I did. I stepped on his foot again, harder this time.

"I'm sick, but you don't need to worry. I'm going to be just fine, okay?" I smiled softly, "It's just a tiny sickness kind of like allergies."

"Why don't you just tell her?" Beckham whispered in my ear. I didn't even bother to dignify the question with a response.

The first trimester is already a turbulent time during a pregnancy and it's most likely that if a miscarriage does occur it will happen within the first three months of gestation. That's for normal pregnancies not even high risk ones. If I can make it to 20 weeks, the chances of a miscarriage decrease significantly. When that happens, that is when I will consider explaining to Jayce that I'm having a baby. But I will not be getting a four year old invested in the idea of having a niece or nephew she may never meet.

"Bug, I need you to finish eating so I can help you get dressed okay?" I smiled softly, ruffling Jayce's hair. "I'm gonna go get ready. Can you please keep an eye on her?" I looked to Beckham who nodded his head, allowing me to walk out of the room. Hopefully he manages not to trigger anymore alarms.

 Hopefully he manages not to trigger anymore alarms