Ch. 13 • Family reunion

Start from the beginning

"May, are you sure about this?" My mother says cutting in "I mean, you have Theo and Roman, are you sure you want him in their lives after what he did to you?"

I took a deep breath in order to keep from crying, I knew they would act this way, but deep down I wanted them to be happy

"Yes mama, and the boys have already met him"

"Are you out of your mind May De Léon! You let this man meet my grandchildren!" Kora yells. "How do you know he wouldn't leave you again May? How do you know he won't just pick up and go like he did last time?"

"I will not leave, I love May, she is my everything. And I do not intend on leaving the boys either, I plan on being in their lives if they allow me" Ace says to my mother

Right before she was about to comment back I heard Nigel and Katherine come in

"What is up Familia! How y'all been!" He yells into the house, but the couple steps dead in their tracks when they see Ace

"What in earth is he doing here May!" Katherine say to me

"Don't tell me this is why you invited us all over, to tell us you are back to get her with this f*cker" Nigek comments

"Hello to you too Nigel" Ace says

"You get out, u don't care if my sister is blinded by stupidity, I sure as hell am not, so get out before I throw you out" Nigel says back while walking towards Ace and I

"Stop, everyone stop!" I yell "I am in a relationship with Ace again, and we are happy. I invited you over to tell you this and I really want you guys to be happy for me"

"I understand why you all hate me, but I want to make it all better. I love May and I want to be with her just as much as she wishes to be with me, possibly even more. I intend on being in Theo and Roman's lives as well, being a father figure they deserve if they will let me. Now whiteout further to do I hope to start over with you all, not completely since I know you already have an opinion on me, but I wish for another chance to prove myself worthy of your daughter, Mr and Mrs. Cosley, and you sister Nigel and Katherine"

They all stay quiet which I am very happy for and just in time the over beeps

"I better go get that, if you will all follow me to the dinning area and I will bring out our meal. Ace, do you mind getting the drinks from the bar?"

"For corse caro [dear]"

Everyone followed me into the dinning room and rooms seat. Both my parents sat next to each other on the left side of the table and Nigel and Katherine took their seats in the right side. That left Ace and I to be at the head of the table on opposite sides.

I come back to the room to see everyone with drinks in hand, so I pass the food to mama and let it go around the table.

"This looks delicious May" Nigel tells me

"It does, what is it all?" Katherine says right after

"I made homemade ravioli with some baked artichokes on the side. The artichokes have a honey mustard and pepper seasoning and I also made some bread rolls to go along with it."

"You outdid yourself as always mi amor" Ace says
————————————————————————
Ace

"So Ace" Nigel says while taking his first bite, "what made you come back? We're your side chicks not enough?"

May's entire family, including May, looked at me waiting for an answer.

"Well Nigel, what a great question, why did you come back Ace?" Her father added

"I came back because I realized that I love May, and that letting her go was the biggest mistake I have ever and will ever make."

"Why did it take you so long to realize that then?" Katherine asked

"Well, after about 1 month I realized how stupid my decision was and the in the second month I tried to convince myself it was only because I was use to a normality with her, wether it was her cooking or the way she would cuddle me like a koala when she slept. Either way I felt lost, and then it took me 10 months to find her again. And that bring me to were I am today."

"I see" Kora says, "and when are you leaving back to Italy?"

"2 weeks"

"So it's settled, this relationship will only last for 2 more weeks before he leaves and forgets about you May" Nigel says

I turn to look at May and see she has tears in her eyes.

"Excuse me please" she says while getting out of her chair and quickly leaving the room.

Kora looks at her husband and then at Nigel

"See what you did to her" she says and begins to follow May up to our room.

"I said what I said" Nigel says while looking at me "I know it's just a matter of time."

I was furious, I jet up from my chair and yell at Nigel, "Never speak like that to May again. Yes I left May, and yes I broke her heart. But I love her and I intend on being with her as long as I live. I am Ace Rossi, brother to May or not, I will still gut you like a fish if you ever, and I mean ever, speak to my Regina [queen] like that again!"

"Rossi" Carter said in a hushed tone.

Katherine moved closer to her husband as he began to cover her with his arms as if shielding her from me

"Yes, I'm Ace Rossi, does that bother you Mr.Carter?"

I know that using my name scares him, but frankly I do not care, I want May to be happy and if having her family know my name after all this time works, then I will use it.

"What's going on?" Kora asks when coming down the stairs

"He is a Rossi Kora, a devil" Carter tells his wife as he gets goes up to her

"No no no Mr.Carter, I am worse." I said while smirking, and with that I went up to May, knowing that my love would be waiting for me.

I turn around at the top of the stair case and look down at them all. "Yet your daughter brings me to a calm state, she is my angel. And that is the true reason I came back. So that I could take my angle back home and bring the kids as well, they are my balance and I will be dammed if anyone, even yourself, tries to take my loves from me"