Chapter 4 - The End Of Peaceful Life

Start from the beginning

Time Skip

5 days had passed since Matsushita was exposed from the class. Kushida took over the reigns and matsushita ended up being isolated by almost the whole of Class D. Even her own friends were not willing to talk to her. Hirata tried to talk to matsushita but she never talked back to him. She just remained silent, like a robot.

I might not have been in a Primary education school before I entered High school but I knew what exactly being isolated feels like. It is another type of harassment to be honest. If this continues for the next three years, and she is denied human contact. She might take a severe step. And I definitely don't want her to take such step like suicide and self-harm.

I sighed, am I some kind of counselor for the girls of these schools? Well, it was my decision to talk to her after all.

So, I went in the library where she was just sitting and staring at the ceiling with lifeless eyes. It seems five days of her existence being ignored by the whole class was too much for her. She must be too used to human contact.

I just went and sat on the chair next to her. She looked at me and her eyes widened for a second before returning back to their original state.

"So Ayanokouji Kun, your plan worked fine huh?"

"Yeah, everything was according to my plan."

She chuckled, and asked

"So Ayanokouji Kun can you answer me one thing."

I looked at her waiting for her question.

"What were you thinking when you approached me? Were you planning this from the start? Was I just trapped by you?"

Her eyes told she just wanted honest replies and I wanted to give that to her. I believe she deserves it after what she has gone through in last months.

"Yeah, I had actually planned to have you expelled. "I said the true words in my mind.

She started laughing gently. She appeared relaxed for some reason.

"You are too blunt you know Ayanokouji. So, what are you planning to do now Ayanokouji Kun? Are you still going to expel me? Because you have already half succeeded in it. I was myself thinking of doing something of this situation I have found myself into."

I crossed my arms and looked at the book shelf in front of me.

"That is, your choice, I can just try to tell you to stop but in the end the decision will be taken by you. So, take a decision you wont regret. But I don't have any goal of expelling you anymore." I advised her.

She laughed in return, "Don't worry, I'm not going to commit suicide or anything. Were you perhaps worried about that?"

Well at least now that she was okay, I should leave her on her own devices.

"I'll somehow manage three years I guess." She said sighing to herself.

I shrugged and looked on the books kept on the shelf. There I spotted a book which stood out from the rest. It was quite popular among the third years and second years. You might wonder how do I know, well tachibana senpai can talk about things other than simping for the student council president. It was the book 'Farewell, My Lovely' by Raymond Chandler. I should have it once I'm done with matsushita, I mentally noted.

Me and matsushita sat in silence, which we both enjoyed till it was time for the library to close.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Time Skip

Another week passed in a flash; it seems time wasn't waiting for me. So far in these last 12 days, I have enjoyed the most peaceful life one could have. Today was a day like the last one. I was supposed to talk to Kamuro. She has been ignoring me since the sports festival. Has something happened?

She was reluctant to talk to me today but somehow I managed to arrange a café visit between us. Everything was peaceful for now.

I made my way to the pallet after the classes to meet with Kamuro. Could it be something about her sister? I sighed; I was going to know it once I talk to her.

But just as I was on my way I got a call. The ID belonged to Chabashira Sensei. Why was she calling me? I accepted the incoming phone call and opened the conversation.

"Hello Chabashira sensei, is something wrong. "I asked her.

"Ayanokouji, please come to the main building of the school." Her voice was serious. She didn't even greet me and looked to be in a hurry.

"What's the matter?" I asked her, not wanting to waste my time with her. But she just cut the call. I sighed and turned back to go to the school. Well lets here what the woman wants me so urgently for.

I entered the main building and climbed up the stairs to find myself in the entrance of the staff room. There stood Chabashira sensei, tapping her foot impatiently.

Once she saw me she gave a signal to follow her.

As we were on the way she asked me, "Are you feeling well."

I replied with a blank stare. If I wasn't why would I be beside her now.

She didn't even care about my response and kept walking. I had an odd feeling once we reached the room of the school's chairperson.

She knocked on the door. After receiving the permission, she told me to go inside.

I shrugged and opened the door,

But then I saw him.

He still had that sick smile on his face.

"It's been a long time Kiyotaka. You seem to be enjoying the freedom you have now too much."

The atmosphere in the room changed. I stared at him with pure coldness.

"It has indeed been a long-time father." I replied to the person who was my own father. My tone was threatening, my eyes were an addition to the hostility I was releasing at this moment.

But he was unfazed by the look I gave him. He just stood there with a grin. But I knew one thing. This man was angry. Afterall his best product has escaped white room.

"Let's have a father and son talk, shall we Kiyotaka?"

I knew one thing, after this talk, my life won't be peaceful anymore.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(A.N. The Next Chapter would be the epilogue. This volume was for Horikita to become the leader of the class. And well you must have guessed, and if you haven't hiyori is going to be introduced next volume. But she isn't ayanokouji's love interest so don't ask me about it.)

And this chapter was intended to be short as it was the buildup to Ayanokouji's talk with his father.