𝒊𝒗. the god of mischief

CHAPTER FOUR:THE GOD OF MISCHIEF

CHAPTER FOUR:
THE GOD OF MISCHIEF

          IT'S NOT THAT HE was disappointed, but Theodore couldn't exactly say he was impressed by Loki.

Maybe his expectations were a little too high for a literal God, but standing in the opening of the corridor as Nick Fury attempted to intimate Loki wasn't completely scary. It didn't seem right to him. Theodore crossed his arms over his chest as he leant against the wall; why had he just given up so easily?

"In case it's unclear, if you try to escape... if you so much as scratch that glass," Fury trailed off into a short silence before Theodore felt his mouth drop open a little as a hole opened under the glass containment Loki was locked in. Wind rushed around the room now, messing up Theo's hair and tugging at his clothes as Fury continued, "It's thirty-thousand feet straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works? Ant, boot."

Loki chuckled as he stepped back into the centre of his prison, his arms raising as he smiled widely, "It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me."

Fury sealed the opening back up. He turned to Loki just as Theodore began ruffling his hand through his hair, attempting to fix it from the winds; he was having little to no luck succeeding, "Built for something a lot stronger than you."

"Oh, I've heard," Loki turned to look at the camera sitting just outside of his cell as these words left his mouth, all while a small frown appeared upon Theo's face— a lot stronger than a God? And it was on the aircraft? Confusion circled his mind as he pushed up his still-broken glasses. He had realised how hard it was seeing things without the assistance of the glasses and decided to taped the arm back onto the frame using sellotape, which was stolen from an agent's office. It wasn't ideal, but bearable enough. Loki continued, still staring at the camera as he started walking, "A mindless beast. Makes play he's still a man."

Beast? At this point, the sixteen-year-old just sighed, pushing questioning thoughts forcefully from his mind. They wouldn't let a 'mindless beast' roam the corridors and even if they did, surely he would have seen it.

Theodore barely had time to gather himself from his thoughts when he looked back up, being greeted by a pair of eyes glaring at him, belonging to the imprisoned man, "How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?"

Loki was more than likely referring to Steve Rogers, Bruce Banner and his own brother, Thor. Theo had met Thor no more than an hour ago. He thought he was pretty cool with his hammer and cape, yet he didn't even throw a glance his way.

However, as Loki's eyes stared into Theo's brown ones, it felt personal, like he was talking about the young boy. An annoyed sensation began bubbling in his stomach as he cleared his throat, disconnecting his eyes from Loki's; he wasn't a lost creature. Far from it.