𝒊𝒊𝒊. captain america and banner

CHAPTER THREE:CAPTAIN AMERICA AND BANNER

CHAPTER THREE:
CAPTAIN AMERICA AND BANNER

"HA! I WIN AGAIN! How are you so bad at this?"

Cordelia glared at Theodore as he loudly announced his victory to the whole room. She pushed the paper and pen towards him, huffing in response, "Stupid game anyway. I don't wanna win."

"Aw, is 'ittle Cordelia a sore 'oser?" Theo spoke in a childish voice while the brunette shook her head, crossing her arms over her chest. He chuckled, before using the pen to scribble over their doodles on the paper, "It's only noughts and crosses, I don't know why you're struggling."

"Stupid game. Unfair. You keep starting first." Cordelia said. Theo smiled slightly and started drawing. A few seconds later, he looked back up at her and held out the pen.

"Go on then, you start first."

She took it, exhaling through her nose deeply as she uncrossed her arms. The boy slid the sheet of paper across to her, smirking as she drew a cross right in the middle.

That singular game took around five minutes to complete— every second becoming more and more amusing to the sixteen-year-old boy. Cordelia was determined to win, meaning she didn't rush at all.

Theodore placed a nought in the bottom right and promptly started laughing. He pushed the sheet of paper to Cordelia, whose face held an unreadable expression. He'd won, again. She met his eyes, furrowing her eyebrows, "How in the bloody he— You're cheating. You're cheating, aren't you? You little rasc—"

Multiple echoing footsteps increasing from the corridor interrupted Cordelia as she and Theo whipped their heads around, catching sight of the group heading towards them. Natasha Romanoff walked into the room first, before being followed by two men, one blond and one brunet.

The blond one wore a brown, leather jacket over a plaid shirt with jeans. He took little notice of the two teenagers' eyes burning into his side as he walked straight past them. He seemed to be heading towards Nick Fury, who was standing in the middle of the room.

Ever since Cordelia and Theo had been interviewed, they hadn't been bothered by any of the agents, apart from Natasha Romanoff. They all seemed too busy with something; Theo was adamant it had something to do with the world ending because of Loki, while Cordelia just thought they didn't have anything on the two teenagers and were still trying to dig up information. Whatever it was, Cordelia still wasn't convinced that right here was where they should be.

The other man, however, locked eyes with Theodore as soon as he stepped into the room. He wore a brown suit and looked rather anxious, out-of-place fiddling with his fingers. Cordelia whispered to Theo, making him break eye contact with the man, "Is this a... party?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "I hope not. I haven't any party tricks. Wait, actually that's a lie. I can do this."

Theo rolled up his sleeve and proceeded to touch his elbow with his tongue. The girl stared at him in disbelief, shaking her head while he smiled widely.