𝒊𝒊. the avengers initiative

CHAPTER TWO:THE AVENGERS INITIATIVE

CHAPTER TWO:
THE AVENGERS INITIATIVE

          THREE DAYS HAD PASSED before Cordelia and Theodore were asked to do something, something that wasn't exploring the flying boat they were invited on.

Naturally, without the threat of Shadow Haze, the two teenagers eagerly took the chance to be kids again; they ate everything they could get their hands on and pulled pranks on any agents that were lucky enough to fall into them. No one minded though, or at least no one shouted at them for it. The two enjoyed it, more than they had enjoyed anything in the past few years.

Agent Coulson had also given Cordelia an iPod, a small device that played music through headphones after she had thoroughly enjoyed the radio during the car ride to the S.H.I.E.L.D. base. Now, when she wasn't messing with Theo, the brunette had her headphones in, listening to whatever music that was downloaded onto there (mainly Taylor Swift and ABBA, but Cordelia didn't complain).

Right now, Cordelia was sat at a table above agents working on computers, eating an apple. Her headphones were on and 'Don't Stop Believing' by Journey blasted into her ears, her foot tapping lightly along to the rhythm. She stared down at the sheet of paper in front of her, before taking a bite out of her apple. Fury asked Cordelia and Theodore to fill in a form each, because, according to the S.H.I.E.L.D. database, they had both been missing for years - five for Cordelia and three for Theodore. He didn't have time to do it formally, because he was needed elsewhere as soon as they started talking.

Cordelia had filled out the sheet the best she could. Her handwriting wasn't the most legible, due to barely picking up a pen in those five years, unless trying to levitate it counted. Schooling was never of importance in Shadow Haze. Nevertheless, she could make out what everything said. The brunette couldn't fill all of it out either; she didn't know her parents' names or what affiliated meant. But she did know she was allergic to cinnamon— it prevented her from eating cinnamon swirls, which upset her deeply.

Cordelia sighed deeply as she put her pen down by her pile of four apple cores. Her fingers tapped along to the music in her ears while she looked around the large room, boredom setting in; dozens of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents were sat at desks, gazing into computer screens and typing on keyboards. It had Cordelia think— maybe she and Theodore trusted Fury and Coulson a little too quickly? They had just escaped from a highly guarded facility... Had they landed themselves in another one? The pair were allowed to mess around and cause minimal havoc, but if they wanted to leave, could they?

The brunette stood up from the chair, cracking her spine as she did so, and wheeled it under the table. She stuffed her hands inside of the hoodie she had been given from Coulson; it was dark blue with a S.H.I.E.L.D. badge ironed into the front of it. Being quite tall for her age, it fit Cordelia almost perfectly, as well as the sweatpants she also received.