I was at the door literally seconds later, wrenching it open to be greeted by Frank and Jamia worried faces.

“Why would she do that to him?!” Frank burst out as soon as he stepped inside.

“Has anyone spoken to her?” Frank continued, if only Gerard knew how much we cared about him, we need to show him that we can help him through this.

“I thought we should wait until we’ve got Gerard and asked him about it.” I gave my opinion, which every nodded at. Woo, everybody respects me.

“Fine, but to be honest I presumed they were already dating? Didn’t anyone else?” Jamia asked, which earned another nod from everyone else.

“He was always telling me how much he truly thought he loved her, and he thought she felt the same, he wanted to ask her out for weeks now, but he waited for the perfect time – I truly thought she would say yes.” I grumbled, Gerard is my best friend, and Lindsey has hurt him after everything she said to him, putting him under a false illusion.

“I think this is something that they should both sort out, although I may go and have a little chat with Lyn…” Jamia suggested, and I grimaced slightly at the nickname for Lindsey that Gerard had made up for her, that time when I felt that both Gerard and Lindsey were leaving me out and I strongly disliked her.

It reminded me of those times that although Gerard was with other people me and him were always going to be strong, faithful friends – he would do anything for me, now this was my time to do something to help him.

Luckily, just on cue we heard a knock on the door, Ray, Bree and Alicia. Mikey went into cling tightly to Alicia, whilst I informed them of the situation, it felt wrong talking about Gerard like this, honestly none of us knew where he could possibly be, If he’d had something to drink he could be stumbling along New Jersey in a drunken state, or he may simply be sitting on the streets, who knows?

“The only evidence we have is that Donna heard Gerard go out the door last night and he didn’t return, and apparently he had taken two bottle of drink, and that… Lindsey said no.”

I felt somehow awful saying that; almost if I didn’t say it, it wouldn’t come true, I could barely comprehend how he must be feeling.

“Well we better get looking.” Ray piped up, these boys and their girlfriends all cared about Gerard, he was one of us and we all wanted him to happy and safe.

“It’s like looking for a needle in a hay stack.” Alicia stated, voicing what all of us where thinking; how on earth are we going to find him?

“Has anyone even tried his mobile?” Frank stated the obvious, pulling out his mobile and phoning Gerard; whose contact name, I noticed, was ‘Gee xoxo’.

I literally must have face palmed myself, goddammit Hope!

Frank turned it on loud speaker and all seven of us crowded around Frank’s phone, patiently waiting for any type of answer.

After about eight rings I’m sure that I could have bashed that phone in with the suspense of everything.

Please pick up Gerard, please.

I begged silently in my head, I let out a frustrated, “Come on!”

“H-hello?” A groggy voice answered,

“Gerard!” I shouted, grabbing the phone from Frank rather forcefully.

“Gerard? Gerard? Are you okay?” I could hear him moaning little incoherent words.

“N-no,” He stumbled over his words, “My head hearts, and my heart.” I realised he didn’t mean it literally and I felt my own heart pang a little.