Her friends had been filling her in on all that was happening andshe had even made it out into the courtyard, though they werereluctant to even allow her that far in the first three days. Fromthere she could see some of the rebuild and was amazed at how muchthey had accomplished in so little time.

As Lyna walked through the courtyard on the third day she had beensurprised to see Fenarel and Junar approaching her. Her Clan hadchosen to stay nearby and help with the rebuild, even after amessenger from King Alistair had informed them of her recovery. Though she enjoyed catching up with her friends and Clan she had notseen Alistair since the first day she had awoken. Nor had she seenMorrigan, though the Elf assumed her friend had most likely returnedto the Wilds as, regardless of all the help she had given, she wasstill an apostate and the Chantry would most likely try to hunt herdown. As for Alistair, whenever she had enquired as to hiswhereabouts she was informed that he was in a meeting or sequesteredin his study and was not to be disturbed. Knowing that he was mostlikely the only person who could answer her most pressing andconsuming question, Lyna couldn't help but feel that the new King wasavoiding her.

Making her way back to her chambers from the training ground shetook in the hustle and bustle of the castle staff. A large party wasbeing prepared for tonight in celebration of the end of the Blight. Staff were moving furniture from different rooms and even settingsome tables and chairs up in the courtyard. Rooms were being tidiedand made ready for those that would be staying, including some of thepeople of the city that had not yet been able to rebuild their homes.

Passing the kitchens, Lyna could smell a wide variety of foodsbeing prepared, from roast meats to fresh vegetables. She was fairlysure she caught a glimpse of a rather large cheese wheel being hiddenbehind a set of shelves by a young kitchen assistant. The castlestaff were as excited as everyone else about the coming party and thehead cook was pulling out all the stops.

Though Lyna found her appetite returning with each passing day shecould not find herself being swept up in the excitement of theothers. She could not help but feel out of place. This feeling hadstarted since her second day awake and had progressively increased asshe spoke to her friends, though she did not let it show. She feltmore awkward as she made her way through the halls to her chambers asshe noticed that many of those she passed would bow or curtsy to herwhilst soldiers would salute her in their own way depending on race. Some did not seem to know how to treat her and so they would watch inawed silence as she passed. Unused to such attention, the youngrogue hurried to her chamber.

Upon entering she noticed a figure stood at the fireplace. Surprised, her hands started towards the daggers at her waist untilshe recognised the raven black hair and feathered pauldron on theleft shoulder.

"Morrigan?!" she exclaimed as her hands fell away from herweapons. Hurrying across the room she enveloped the older woman in aheartfelt embrace. The young Elf had grown close to the Witch of theWilds and considered her as a sister. She had missed her dearly. "What are you doing her? I thought you'd left? Is everythingalright? You don't look hurt!" The concern was clear on Lynasface.

xoxoxoxoxo

Morrigan had felt terrible about leaving the Warden after thebattle and had decided to stay close. She had stayed just inside theforest, intending on leaving the moment she knew that Lyna wasalright but found that she wanted to see the young Elf again beforeshe went. The relief she felt at hearing her friend was alrightcould not compare to the feeling of seeing her on her feet. Morriganhad planned on waiting for Lyna near the practice grounds but hadfelt increasingly uncomfortable and so had decided to await her inher chambers.

Getting into the castle had been easier than she had expected. With everyone busy preparing for the party, no one seemed to notice arandom black cat making it's way through the halls. Upon enteringLynas chambers she noticed that the fire was set, ready to light andthat a pitcher of water along with a small platter of food had beenleft on the table next to the armchair, waiting for Lyna to return.