Chapter 7B

Taehyun's POV

"AND THE BATTLE of the bands goes to..."

We all feel nervous while waiting for the announcement of who won. All the bands are done playing their respective pieces. We were in the front with Chaeryeong's group. One of us will be the winner and the other will be the 2nd place for the competition.

I can say they're good when they played earlier. They pull too hard on men. But the women's support for us was even stronger. But I still feel nervous about the outcome of this competition.

"ITZY!"

I shrugged when I heard that our group name wasn't the one called. I can see them jumping when their name was called. I can hear the crowd supporting their win and of course some of them couldn't believe they won against us.

In the entire time our group started, this is the only time we lose to someone. I'm happy for them but also sad at the same time.

We regained our attention when we saw the MC go on stage again.

"Mic check?"

The MC said while tapping the mic to check it.

"Wait up, students! The winners for the battle of the bands are ITZY and TXT. Yes, they coincidentally had the same scores so the two bands are the winners for this battle."

Our faces lightened up as well as those who supported us. Wow! We won too? I can't believe it!

"The prizes for this competition will be doubled as respect for the both of bands. Meet your homeroom teacher after this event to claim your prizes. Once again, congratulations to the both of the bands!"

The five of us almost screamed after that. We thought we lost but it turns out we still have our lucky card in our hands afterall.

"I didn't expect that the two representatives of my class will win the competition!" Mr. Han welcomed us. "I'm so proud of you!"

"Thank you, Mr. Han!"

"Thanks!"

"Before I forget, here are your prizes."

My eyes widened when I saw there was a cash prize as well as tickets for a 2-day vacation.

"You can use the tickets any time this year." Explain niya. "Excuse me."

"Cash prize and a vacation ticket? It's a miracle that this is the prize this year! Last year, we only got the cash prize!" Beomgyu said, couldn't believe what prize we got.

When we won last year, we really received a cash prize but now there's also a vacation package!

We went back to our hotel room when the program was over. I was lying in bed and ready to go to sleep while Beomgyu and the others are still in the living room, playing games.

I closed my eyes so that I would fall asleep. I rolled over in bed but it's still no effect. I scratched my head so hard before deciding to ventilate outside. I didn't say goodbye because they seemed busy playing. I put on my slippers before I went down.

You'll be amazed at the beauty of the surroundings. This place is even more beautiful tonight because maybe of the decorations that lights up. The whole school reserved the hotel today so familiar faces greeted me as I walked. The others even took pictures of me, which I accepted.

"Wow!" I exclaimed.

I'm at the farthest part of this place. It seems like I'm the only one who's here since it's a bit far from the hotel.

The scenery is so beautiful and you can see one of the tourist attractions, the Namsan Tower.

"Who's that girl?!"

I was shocked when I heard someone shout. I looked around to see who it was. In the distance I saw a woman talking on her phone.

I don’t know why I walked closer to her. As I approached, I realized that Chaeryeong was the one talking. She was the one who accidentally left her guitar at the airport when we went to Jeju Island.

Who is she talking on her phone that made her shout like that?

"Don't talk to me, asshole!

She angrily lowered her cellphone and I heard sobs. Is she crying?

"Here."

I offered my handkerchief to her. She slowly raised her head. She accepted what I offered and quickly wiped away her tears.

"You've heard it?"

She asked as she calmed down. I nodded. "I didn't mean to eavesdrop in case you cry."

She didn't utter anything.

I sat down next to her.

"Cry as much as you can. I won't judge." I assured her.

"No... I don't want to. I don't think he deserves my tears anyway. Those tears that released earlier is enough. I didn't mean to cry because he doesn't deserve it but I couldn't help it."

"Let all your tears fall so you'll be okay tomorrow." I said. She looked into my eyes. "I may not be your friend but it's easier to vent your resentment to someone you don't know well." I smiled. "Rant all you want, I'll listen."

After I said that her tears started to fall like a waterfall.

"We've known each other for a long time and I can't believe he had the urge to do that to me?" She wiped another tear that fell from her eye. "An old classmate of mine sent me some photos about him and another girl! Of course, I want to know if it's true or not so I told him we should talk. He said he's busy and then I heard a woman speak. The woman asked what's taking him so long and what's even more shocking is that she calls endearment to him! "

That man is terrible! Even though I'm close with women because of our popularity at school we don't do those things to then. When we are really serious with the girl, we can't do what the man did to Chaeryeong

"If that's the case, then he doesn't deserve you at all. Just forget him and move your life not thinking about that piece of jerk! And if ever he bothers you, just call me."