Chapter 7A

Yeonjun's POV

UP UNTIL NOW, Yeji still tries her best to avoid me. After our conversation last Monday, she ignored me. I knew I was to blame for what happened before but I think she already avoided me so much as if nothing had happened. We spent months together in New York but it seemed like she just didn't have memories of it. It hurts me on the part that I'm only the one who remembers.

"What's up with you with Yeji? Did you do something to her. "

Taehyun asked me who was next to me right now. We are currently in Soobin's van that we're using to go to the annual welcome party provided by the school.

"Yeah, I did."

"That's why she's avoiding you."

Taehyun is really that observative. He really know when something happens around him.

No one knows what happened to me in New York when I left. They didn't ask and I didn't open to them either. Just when I came home it was as if nothing had happened, it was as if I hadn't left the country in the first place. I am very thankful to them because they didn't prevent my decision to leave the country because of what happened to me that made me want to leave.

"You should apologize to her whatever what you've done to her. It's as if we also have a sin every time she stares at us." Taehyun said as we got out of the van. "Oh ... speaking of the devil."

He sniffed somewhere and I followed that. I saw Yeji get out of the van while talking to one of his friends.

I saw Lia waving at our band. I was surprised when Soobin also waved back at her.

Are they close? How? Since when? Why didn't I know?

"Eji."

My eyes wandered around when I heard someone. My eyes widened when I saw Hyunjin close the door of the driver's seat and handed Yeji her bag.

They know each other?

"They know Hyunjin?" I heard Beomgyu ask behind me. He immediately walked over there to say hello.

Hyunjin and his teammates are our rival when it comes to basketball especially when it comes to school competition but he is still Beomgyu's best friend. I heard when I was in New York that Beomgyu went to Hyunjin's house with his other friend who is also Hyunjin's team.

We followed Beomgyu when we got our belongings. I even heard Soobin say goodbye to their driver before finally following.

"What brings you here, Hyunjin?"

That was Beomgyu's question to Hyunjin when we got to where they were.

"I brought Yeji and the rest here." He answered simply.

He brought them? What are they? Don't tell me his girlfriend is Yeji?

He looked at his watch.

"Excuse me, I need to go."

He said goodbye before clinging to Yeji.

"Text Mom if it's time to go home since she'll be the one who'll fetch you."

Wow! Hyunjin's Mom is close to Yeji? They are legal then.

"I'll go first." He kissed Yeji on the forehead.

If you want to flirt, I hope it'll be in a place where no one can see!

"Bye." He said goodbye to all of us.

I was next to Beomgyu so I heard their short conversation before that Hyunjin left.

"You didn't tell me that you already have a girlfriend."

"You're crazy! She's not my girlfriend!" He denies as he laughs.

He denied but what about the scene earlier? Why is he answering that question like he's in the show business industry when it's obvious!

When we got inside, Mr. Han greeted us immediately. The ten of us were scolded because we had arrived so late. That's when we realized we were the only ones who are missing.

"Here's your key for your hotel room." At the same time, Mr. Han handed us a key. He also gave a key to Yeji's group.

He walked in the middle to announce something to our whole class. "Go to your hotel rooms. We'll begin in 30 minutes."

All of us started to walk towards our designated hotel rooms. Fortunately, the five of us will share a room together.

I slowed down when Yeji noticed that she was alone in the back.

"I didn't know you have a boyfriend?"

I saw her flinched. I bet she was surprised.

"Boyfriend? What are you talking about?"

"You can't fool me! Who a sane man who kisses a woman if he is not his girlfriend?"

She stopped walking so I stopped too.

"Wait... do you mean Hyunjin?"

She laughed.

"I didn't know you're this funny, Yeonjun. Why would I date Hyunjin? Like seriously?"

"So he's not your boyfriend?" I asked again.

"No."

She didn't stutter so meaning she is not really his girlfriend. But why did Hyunjin behave like that to her?

"Perhaps he's courting you?"

"Are you insane?"

Why would they act like a lovers when they aren't in a relationship?

"Yeonjun!"

I was surprised to hear Soobin shout my name.

"What are you thinking, bro? You've been quiet since earlier. What's bothering you?"

He asked while grabbing the bag of chips I was holding. The morning program is over and we are currently given the opportunity to do what we want this afternoon. The battle of the bands will be at six later but from what Beomgyu said they are already arranging the necessities for the program.

"Nothing." I answered.

"Will you keep it a secret from me, when I'm your friend?"

I gasped.

"What does it mean when a man kisses a woman?"

"Hmmm ... they're in a relationship?" That's what I thought! "But you know they can be just very close friends or maybe they're relatives."

"Relatives?"

"Why not? Maybe they're siblings or something." He says. "But wait! Do you like someone? I wonder who is that very lucky woman?"

"I-I don't have one! What are you saying?"

"Then, why are you stuttering? You really like someone, don't you?"

I couldn't answer.

I know I have feelings for Yeji but I'm not sure if that was love back then. I was brokenhearted that time so when she confessed, I couldn't accept how she felt about me. I don't want to make her a rebound just because I was hurt. I am not that kind of person! So I accept why she avoids me and I accept that she like someone else now.