Chapter 8A

Chaeryeong's POV

"DID BEOMGYU REALLY said that we're all invited to his birthday?" Ryujin asked when Lia showed him Beomgyu's invitation.

"Yes, because their parents wanted us to meet according to Soobin." Lia replied.

"Looks like you're getting close to Soobin?" Yuna interogating Lia. "You have a crush on him don't you?"

"Of course, n-not!" Lia responded.

I smirked. She has a crush on him! It's that obvious that even if she denies it, her eyes tell the truth.

I also notice for the past days they’ve become closer. Sometimes I hear them talk about books and other stuffs.

"Yeji, I'm going to the mall. You know to kill time." I said goodbye to Yeji when we finished eating lunch.

She nodded. She took a list and handed it to me, "Please buy those too."

I just nodded while looking at my purchases. I just growled in annoyance.

I went into my room to get ready. I'm wondering if I need a present to give. I'm not close to Beomgyu so I don't know what to give him.

I looked at my door when there was a knock and Yuna spat.

"You're going to the mall?" I nodded. "Can you buy me a bluetooth speaker? Ryujin and I decided to give something to Beomgyu. "

"Alright. Just give me the money." I said.

She immediately handed me the money.

Perhaps, I have no choice but to give him a gift too.

I walked outside the village hoping to find cab I can ride. I don't know how to drive so it's really the only choice I have right now.

I heard beep from behind. The car's window rolled down and Taehyun's face greeted me. I glanced at the front and saw an unfamiliar man. Must be his driver.

"Are you waiting for a cab or something?" He asked.

Isn't it obvious?

"Yeah." I answered.

"Hop on. I'll drop you off."

"Is it alright?"

He nodded. "I wouldn't offered you in the first place if it's not okay."

I went closer to the car and went it.

"Where are you headed, Chaeryeong?" He asked. I was surprised he called my name.

"SC Mall."

"Oh? What a coincidence! I'm also going there." He excitedly stated. He turned to the man on the front. "Let's go."

The trip to Ryujin's mall was quiet. From what I observed from the past few days, Taehyun is really quiet and a little mysterious if I must say. Even if I'm talkative, I can't seem to be like that afraid he might not respond to my nonsense topics.

"Thanks."

I said when we were inside the mall. He nodded so I started walking to buy what I needed and left him. I went to a shop to look for an outfti that I could wear to the party.

My eyes sparkled the moment it landed on a pink dress with inner blouse and long sleeve.

"I'll pick that one." I pointed my fingers as a signal I'm buying the dress. I also saw a white purse that I think will perfectfly fit my outfit. "And that one too."

The cashier handed me the shopping bags, "Thank you, ma'am."

I then bought the Shin cousins ​​gift for Beomgyu. I held my stomach when it growled as it says that I'm hungry. I immediately went into a restaurant and ate. After eating, I wandered around the mall thinking about what present should I give to Beomgyu.

Should I buy him a watch? A shoe? New shirt?

"Chaer?"

I stopped my trance when I heard a familiar voice calling my name. I was about to play pretend like I heard nothing when he went infront of me.

"Hey."

I sighed. "What do you want, Woojin?"

"Are you alone? Where's the others?"

"What if I'm alone and not with my friends?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

I suddenly remember what Taehyun said the other day. Should I call him?

"Why are you so angry with me? Are you still mad because of what happened the last time we talked? We had a family dinner with our other relatives that night and the girl you heard was a cousin of mine."

"Seriously, cousin? Of all the excuses you can make, is that only the reason you can think of? Woojin, I'm not dumb."

He held my arm. "Come with me. We need to fix this."

I tried to remove his hand from holding me. “Let go of me, it hurts.

He loosened his grip on my arm but he still wouldn't remove it completely.

"Let her go!"

We both stared at who screamed those words. I saw Taehyun walking towards our direction. His eyes were on fire. This is the first time I'm seeing him this angry.

Taehyun pulled me away from Woojin causing me to get out of his grip on me. Taehyun and I are already behind as if being protected against Woojin.

"Who are you to interfere between the two of us?" Woojin asked angrily at Taehyun.

"I'm her boyfriend." His serious answered surprised me. "May I ask who you are? And why are you holding her too tightly earlier?"

Woojin stared at me. "I didn't know you were a cheater, Chaeryeong. I thought you were too naive that I didn't think you can do this thing."

"Well, now you know." Taehyun said before holding my hand. "Let's go."

We walked away. When we were completely away he removed his hands from me.

Why did he remove it? Can't he not let go of my hand?

"It's him right?"

I shyly nodded.

"I told you to call me if he bothers you, didn't I?" He asked a little angrily.

I stared at the floor.

"I-I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Now that he knows I'm your boyfriend, I hope he'll back off a little bit or else he'll not like what I'll do to him the moment he bothers you again or the moment his fingers lay on your skin agin."