that's how you got the girl.

"where are we even going?" he asked as she sat in the drivers seat of his car and started the engine.

"on an adventure" she replied mysteriously and he groaned in annoyance.

"we might need to get gas in the car if we're going far jadelyn" he pointed out and she rolled her eyes.

"ok beckett" she mocked back in a low voice and he snickered.

"your boy voice is awful. you sound nothing like me!" he pointed out and she gasped.

"oh please i sound more like you than you could sound like me!" she shot back.

"that is so not true." he demanded and she laughed.

"ok talk like me then" she offered and he cleared his throat.

"ahem... hi i'm jade and i have the best boyfriend ever!" he exclaimed in a high, squeaky, feminine voice.

"i sound nothing like that!" she shot back and he laughed.

"it was pretty accurate jade" he raised an eyebrow and she glances from the road over at his smug little face.

she huffed and then smiled at his fake jerkiness. after about half an hour of driving beck was getting very anxious.

"when will we be there?" he asked trying to read the road signs.

"subtract five minutes from the last time you asked and i told you" she replied flatly and he sighed.

fifteen minutes later she pulled into an empty open area. surrounded by trees that were fluttered with white petals and grass that grew above their ankles.

she stopped the car and they both got out. beck had been silent, still observing the scenery.

it was like a clearing, a circle of beautiful grass in kind of a tilt, that circle was surrounded by trees, blocking it from the outside world.

like their own little reality.

"why-" he could barely say the first word.

"i came here with my family once when i was younger. i can't remember why, maybe some historical tour. i found this little area through the trees and i came inside and just stood here..." she said slowly as he looked up at the trees.

"and?" he prompted when she took a breath.

"and it felt like i was the only person on earth" she sighed and he looked at her as she looked up at the sky.

"how did you remember this? do you come here a lot?" he asked.

"i haven't been since. i just never forget this place.
not in a sappy kind of way, but in a way that i can't forget the feeling. feeling like..." she paused, thinking of the words.

"completely isolated" he finished and she nodded in agreement.

"i told you we were going on an adventure" she smiled and he looked into her eyes. they seemed to rest like he'd never seen before. like she was finally peaceful.

"it's like the kind of place you imagine when you have to do those meditations." he observed and she nodded.

her heart was pounding. she could feel her breathing slowly as it went in and out. something was wrong. or maybe something was right.

"i love you" was suddenly whispered into her ear as she felt a hug come from behind her. he kissed the side of her head like he always did. like he always would.

"i love you too" she whispered back, leaning so her head was nestled into his shoulder.

"i have a surprise" she said suddenly after a few seconds and then walked to where her car was packed. she pulled out bags of fruit and he smiled.

"i don't have a blanket" she frowned.

"we will sit in the grass" he replied and she smiled at him.

they rested in the tall grass. it was so clear and clean. a light green color that tickled their legs as they sat down across from each other.

"grapes or strawberries?" she asked as she held up two of the bags.

"grapes" he replied quickly and she nodded, throwing him the bag and watching as he caught it with one hand.

"always a show off" she scoffed and he smirked at her.

"don't you forget it" he joked.

he opened the bag full of grapes and grabbed one, watching as she struggled to open the strawberries bag.

"here" he said suddenly, making her look up and see him getting ready to throw the grape.

"huh?" she replied.

"catch it" he answered and she held up her hand.

"in your mouth" he prompted and she gave him a skeptical look before opening her mouth. he threw the grape and she caught it in her mouth and threw her arms up in victory.

"oh! what a talent!" he exclaimed as he clapped dramatically.

"k you're turn" she said, reaching over and grabbing the grapes. she pulled three out of the bag, concealing them in her hand.

"you ready?" she asked with a smile. he nodded with his mouth open. she couldn't help but laugh at the fact that he looked like a dog.

she threw the three grapes at him and they hit his face as he gave her a fake shocked look.

"hey that's cheating!" he told her as he lunged at her. she got up and starting running from him quickly.

"yeah but you couldn't even catch one out of three!" she teased as he chased her around the soft grass.

"those are unfair odds!" he yelled back and she laughed.

he finally caught up to her and grabbed her from behind. making her legs fly up in the air as he hugged her and she squealed happily.

he put her down and she turned to look at him in a sudden trance of silence. their faces only inches apart as they panted in exhaustion.

"i wanna dance with you right now" he thought out loud and she raised a confused eyebrow.

he lifted her hand and spun her around as she gave him an unamused look.

"i swear to god if you dip me oliver" she warned and he laughed as he swayed behind her. after a few seconds he pulled her in close, so their bodies were touching face to face.

"i'm so in love with you" he said like he was surprised by the fact. he was staring right at her and she smiled back.

"it's just you and me" she smiled back and he sighed.

"forever"

and that's how it worked.

that's how he got the girl.

—————————————————————————

hi everyone! so that's it! the official ending to "how you get the girl"

i really hope you all enjoyed this story and please leave any messages about it in the comments!

i loved writing this story and i hope you all loved reading it!

love all of you so much <3

🎉 You've finished reading 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 // 𝘣𝘢𝘥𝘦 🎉