that's how it works

the morning progressed uncharacteristically slowly for jade. every minute seemed to pass as an hour as she sat with her arms crossed watching tori and beck giggle and play. she rolled her eyes.

"hey jade could you grab me my phone? i left it in the kitchen." beck said suddenly as they all sat down. jade huffed loudly, giving him an angry glare but he just smiled sweetly at her. she reluctantly got up and grabbed his phone, she flipped it to the screen side to see a message from his mom. she tried to conceal her smile.

she slowly walked back to where they were all sitting on the couch, just to annoy him. she held out his phone and he went to grab it but she pulled it away. he gave her a warning look but she just raised an eyebrow.

"oh i forgot. you had a text message." she paused.

"from your mom" she continued and he tilted his head.

"she said she wants you home immediately because she heard from someone that you have an std. i don't know what kind of monster would have told her...?" jade replied as andre and robbie snickered from behind her. she could barely contain her smile as he grabbed his phone, frantically opening it and checking his texts. his eyes widened as he looked up at jade who was laughing.

beck looked up at her with a dumbfounded look. she just smiled.

"all right that's it" he yelled kind of loudly and pounced towards her.

"no no no beck i was kidding!" she screamed as he chased her in a circle. she was laughing and he had a joking evil look in his eyes. she shielded her face as he attempted to throw a pillow across the room at her. it instead hit cat right in the face.

everyone covered their mouths with their hands when cat looked up. she grabbed the pillow and swung it next to her, whacking robbie in the stomach.

"hey! cat i wasn't the one who hit you in the face!" robbie defended himself as he whacked her back.

just then, chaos erupted as beck threw another pillow at jade and it whacked her in the face. she aggressively picked up another one and it accidentally hit tori in the back of the head. she turned around with her jaw open.

"whoops" jade joked as tori hurled one at her. robbie hit andre over the head with a pillow and cat was already throwing them at beck.

the pillow fight went on for a few more minutes until everyone was out of breath and laying around on toris couches.

after a few minutes everyone decided to grab their bags and leave for the day. jade drove her and cat home and then collapsed into the drivers seat in exhaustion. she checked her phone. she had one notification. a text from beck.

*my mom just grounded me forever because of the std thing*

she smiled down at her phone as she read it.

*oh no how sad*

she placed her phone down and leaned her head against the steering wheel.

she definitely was not supposed to be smiling at his texts.

she closed her eyes tightly and tried to forget about him. but something in her mind wouldn't let go of him.

after the weekend was over, monday at school was as gloomy as usual. last period of the day sikowitz called beck and jade up on stage to practice their stage flirting once again.

"ok now get your pie holes moving and show me the love" he directed as jade rolled her eyes. they both held scripts in their hands.

"uhh um. you're eyes look so gorgeous in the light here." beck read, glancing down at his script. and looking back up into her eyes. she shivered lightly under her clothes.