Key One

🗝️

🗝️

*Your POV*

Waking up to my favorite song was always a great day starter.

Well, It was. I had to get up early for school yet again, and I figured today would be long and dreadful. This was the last school day before spring break, so we would be piled with work from each class today.

It was a dark day out, depressing. Just what I wanted for my Friday morning.

Deciding to skip my healthy breakfast, I grabbed a bag of Cheetos and threw on some baggy clothes. Struggling to put on my shoes, I grab my keys and bag to head out for the day.

I started my path to the train I take for school, watching my step with the rubble. Thank god I was in Junior year, I don't think I could handle school anymore. I already know I'm going to give up senior year anyways.

I was broken out of my thoughts to my phone ringing annoyingly. Groaning, I pulled my phone out of my hoodie pocket to see the name "Wade Watts" in big, bolded letters.

"G'morning Sleepy Head." I grinned, stepping over a fallen telephone pole.

"Morning Sunshine." He mumbled, his voice gruffly, sounding like he just woke up.

"How was your sleep, Princess Beauty?"

"It was... Okay. You on your way to school?"

"Mhm! Heading to my train now. What about you? Don't you have school today?"

"Nope. Spring break, remember?"

"Ah, I almost forgot. Mine starts Monday."

"That's nice. Hey, what train station was it you're taking again?"

"Umm," I looked up at the broken sign, "Purple Heart Train way. Why? You gonna stalk me again?"

"Maybe, maybe not." He chuckled.

I heard rustling on his side, and a door slamming shut.

"What in the world are you doing Watts?"

"Hey you can't blame me for wanting to know who owns this beautiful voice, can you?"

"Alright you little flirt, shush it."

He let out a breathy laugh and I swear I heard him trip.

"Do not tell me you tripped on that telephone pole Watts." I laughed out, standing in front of the doorway of the train.

"Uh-" He paused, stuttering, "Maybe, maybe I did."

I laughed, almost forgetting about my Cheeto bag. I grabbed a few and to eat.

Looking around, I saw some random dude around my age, looking around widely with a phone by his ear. I don't think he saw me since I was surrounded by people.