Chapter 9: The Troublesome Trio

Hermione spent about eight minutes in the shower before the water began to run cold, and she quickly exited the porcelain tub, toweling herself off before she dressed in the clothes Luna had given her. Fleur had finally fallen asleep and Neville had volunteered to stay beside her in case she awoke, most likely from pain or with questions. Hermione wasn't sure how they would answer those questions. Ginny was still nowhere to be found, and Narcissa recommended everyone leave her alone, at least for the time being.

Hermione walked into what used to be Draco's room, closing the door quietly behind her. The room was empty, minus a bed and night table with a candle stick next to a stack of books. Hermione crawled into the bed, lifting the sheets, and a light puff of dust bloomed as she moved around. She felt so out of place, being in his bed, talking to his mother, moving into his house, all the while he was not there.

There were dark colored blinds covering the windows, and Hermione grasped her wand, pointing it towards the candle, and whispered, "incendio." A small flame licked the wick of the candle and it casted a low glow over the room. She laid back, starring straight above her at the ceiling, the scent of mint surrounding her as she inhaled deeply, her mind buzzing.

What were they to do now?

She had not the slightest clue of what their next move was to be. There was still so many people living under the Lovegood's home that needed to be transported to the Blacks house, but it was dangerous. There was also the issue of disrupting the production of the potion, but no one knew where it was being manufactured.

"If only we knew." Hermione said to herself, and squeezed her eyes shut. A knock sounded at her door, a light thumping against the wooden panel and she sat up, reaching for her wand as she moved towards the door. She held her breath as she swung it open, arm raised. Luna blinked back at her, and raised her fingertips to touch the end of Hermione's wand.

"On edge, are we?" Luna asked, and Hermione lowered her arm nervously, shaking her head.

"I'm sorry," she said, rubbing her arm. "I just...better safe than sorry."

"Of course," Luna replied, holding out a blanket to her. "if you need anything, just let us know. Narcissa is awfully accommodating." Hermione smiled but it felt odd, like it did not belong on her face.

"Luna, can I ask you something?" Hermione said as the other girl turned to leave.

"You know you can." Luna replied, blinking slowly.

"Right," Hermione sighed. "I just... I don't know what to do. I don't know who's alive, who's been kidnapped, who I'm trying to save, who is on our side. I feel so so lost, I feel like I'm missing everything, yet I understand nothing, Harry is gone, and oh god where's Ron?"

It was not until Luna put a hand on her shoulder that Hermione realized she was crying. Her tears felt bizarre as they streaked down her face, and Luna gave her shoulder a squeeze. It was quiet for a moment, the two girls standing in the doorway of Draco's room as Hermione tried to gain some composure.

"I have a boyfriend." Luna stated, and Hermione looked up at her quickly, sniffling.

"You...what? Who?" she sputtered at the new information. Luna cracked a smile.

"Blaise Zabini."

"I beg your pardon." Hermione said, her teeth clenched. Blaise was a Slytherin, he had supported Voldemort for heavens sake. Hermione could not remember him at the Battle of Hogwarts, but she knew he'd been there.

Luna smiled dazedly and gave Hermione a small shrug. "I guess everyone's full of surprises these days." She said, turning slightly. "Hold on to that, Granger."