Chapter 12

Brendon walks into the house, expecting to just go up to bed and sleep off his hangover (and hopefully some of his guilt), but as he puts his foot on the bottom step, he hears his name.

He briefly considers ignoring it, but he decides against it, and instead continues down the hallway into the living room. Dallon's leaning against the kitchen doorway, holding a mug of coffee and wearing nothing but a pair of pajama pants. If Brendon's brain wasn't banging against the side of his skull like it currently is, he'd be bewitched by his fiancé and his body (like the horny sonofabitch he is).

"How was your night?" Dallon asks, and then he frowns at Brendon's stunned expression. "You okay?"

Brendon nods slowly, scratching the back of his neck. "Yeah, sorry, I'm fine. I just wasn't expecting you to acknowledge my presence today." he knows he sounds like a dick when he says it, but it's true.

Dallon sighs, looking down at his feet and letting his hair fall over his face. "I know. I'm sorry. I was a dick, again, and I just - I was angry, and I wanted to punish you."

"For two weeks?"

"I know! It was a dick move, I get it - but Brendon -" he looks up, his eyes pleading, "you have to understand that when I saw those messages, when I saw that you were in contact with him again, I was scared. I was scared, and angry, and I just - I know what he did to you, I know how he made you feel in those last few months, and I - I didn't want you to be reminded of that. I didn't want you to be hurt again. And most of all, I - I - Brendon, I didn't want you to leave me for him."

Brendon closes his eyes, feeling a handful of treacherous tears escape. "I'm sorry. I -" he runs a hand through his hair. "I fucked up, I shouldn't have texted him, I knew how you'd feel if you knew and I did it anyway because I'm an asshole, and I - I'm so sorry. You're right. I'm sorry."

Now would be the perfect time to confess your sins, Brendon. All of them.

Dallon sets his mug down on the dining table before wrapping Brendon in his arms, letting him cry into the soft skin of his shoulder. It's okay, he whispers, rocking Brendon gently from side to side, his words soothing. It's okay, baby. It's okay. I love you.

Would you still love me if you knew what I did?

"Sounds like someone needs to go to bed," Dallon says softly, kissing the top of Brendon's head. "Hmm?"

Brendon nods and steps back, wiping his eyes. "I'm sorry."

"No more sorry," Dallon wipes a stray tear, a small smile on his face. "It's okay. We're okay. I love you."

"I love you too."

Dallon takes his hand and together they go upstairs, Brendon heading into the bathroom to pee and wash his face while Dallon gets himself comfy in bed, waiting for his fiancé. Once he's finished in the bathroom, Brendon goes into the bedroom, dropping his untouched overnight bag on the floor and stripping all of his clothes off, throwing them into the laundry hamper. He slips on a fresh pair of underwear and climbs into bed beside Dallon, who lets him nestle in the crook of his neck and wraps his arms around him, pulling him as close as he can and then some.

And as Brendon drifts off to sleep, Dallon hums a tune, something he doesn't recognise, but it's nice, and it helps calm his screaming mind enough to let him sleep.

~

When Brendon wakes up, he's alone. He doesn't feel so bad now, but whether that's because he and Dallon have made up or because he's slept some more, he's not sure. He sits upright, rubbing his eyes, just as Dallon comes into the room, holding two mugs and his laptop under his arm.