"J-Ji?" she softly calls out, wanting to make sure if he'll be okay. He probably isn't—she knows that. She just wants to call out for him.

Jisung snaps his eyes to Hwara, softening at the sight of her tied up. She's bruised all over her face, dark red spots adorning her face. Instantly, his gaze hardens as he stands up, walking over to Hwara before roughly undoing her chains, walking away the second he's finished.

"Hwayeon, stay with her. I have to go."

Hwayeon immediately shakes her head. "What are you do—"

"Do what I say."

His sharp and cold voice shocks both Hwara and Hwayeon, the girl relenting and walking over to her little sister.

Jisung then leaves the room, equipped with the gun that Park Jihwan had previously used. He is going to kill Lee Taejin. He doesn't care what it takes; he just wants to see him dead. His father wouldn't be dead if it wasn't for him.

As he walks through another corridor, a fleeting figure passes by him, something he sees from the corner of his eyes. Immediately, his entire body goes on alert as he turns back around. He follows the figure from a safe distance, making sure to not make noise as he tails them.

Hwayeon turns to her younger sister, giving her a small smile. "Hi, Hwara."

Hwara furrows her eyebrows, not really sure who the girl in front of her is. "Who are you?"

Seeing the girl wince as she stands up, Hwayeon immediately walks over to help her, enjoying her healthy state to the fullest. She can help out for these moments—that's enough for her. "I'm Jung Hwayeon, your older sister."

Hwara nods her head, giving her a smile knowing that she's family. "I would say it's nice to meet you but this place sucks and—have we meet recently?"

Hwara could vaguely recall someone looking familiar to her at Black Point's base, but she's not sure because she was about ready to pass out the entire time.

Hwayeon only shakes her head. "Don't worry about that."

For the next couple of minutes, Hwayeon tries to find things to fix her wounds with as they wait for Jisung to comeback—hopefully with a medic. Unlike Jisung and Hwayeon, who were barely injured, Hwara had minor-to-severe injuries all over her. Hwara herself can't remember exactly where she got the wounds from—she was passed out from being in the dark room.

The girls continue to talk, catching up with things as they try to brighten the mood despite the situation they're in.

"So, Jisung's your soulmate?"

Hwara nods her head. "My boyfriend too."

Hwaayeon raises an eyebrow before she pulls out another piece of cloth, getting ready to wrap it over her right leg. "Who confessed first?"

Hwara shrugs before shutting her eyes at the pain of the pressure on her leg. "M-Me."

Hwayeon finally finishes up with what she can do, smiling at her little sister before patting her head. "Tell me about it."

Hwara lies back against the wall, her legs crossed over her knees as she hugs herself closer.

"It was a week ago. I asked him what it meant to like someone because I saw it in a drama I watched with another member. He acted weird when I said that though—he still told me. The next day, I realized I felt all those things and just told him that I like him," she smiles, reminiscing on the good memories from just a few days ago. Her smile drops and she lets out a shaky breath. "Will he be okay?"

Hwayeon shrugs her shoulders. "Only time will tell. Don't be pushy, but try to subtly help him as much as you can, alright?"

"How do I do that?"

Hwayeon looks up at the ceiling after moving into the same position as Hwara, their shoulders slightly connecting.

"You'll know, I promise."

Hwayeon then stands up, getting ready to walk over to the door and make sure the coast is clear. The fighting sounds are louder than ever, meaning people are getting closer to the area. She can just hear how hard NCT is fighting along with their allies.

A hand quickly pulls her backward, and she looks down at her little sister. "What's wrong?"

"Don't leave me alone, please," Hwara pleads. She doesn't want to be left in this mansion, not after what happened. She hates it here. She's scared here.

Hwayeon nods her head. "I'm not. I'm just going to check to see if there's anyone there."

"Promise?"

Hwayeon just nods her head, quickly checking the door before walking back to the girl.

"I promise."

A/N: i kinda feel bad for jisung's dad

A/N: i kinda feel bad for jisung's dad. he was literally in three chapters out of them all. ksldajafsgh

hwayeon's gonna make me cry—she's so cute with hwara (not me calling personality-less characters cute cause im so bad at it 💀)

love you all so much for the 1k votes and just in general <33333

cya in the next one :)