Chapter Three

Asterin had become home to Arthur for many years now. The Queen had taken him in as her ward, loving him more than she intended to as she treated him as one of her own. She couldn't have left the boy to his ways, not after her children had also grown so fond of him. Edmund and Arthur were brothers now, it didn't matter about blood, both of them would do absolutely anything for the other. Aurora had grown into her looks, the talks of her pretty face spreading throughout the kingdoms, everyone trying to befit a suitor, but the Queen was firm and picky, despite the persuading tactics the new King Uhtred had used. Uhtred never grew to like Arthur, he complained secretly to his wife about how embarrassing it is to have a thief within their kingdom. But Arthur had not continued his actions nor made any major mistakes during his stay, so the Queen denied the King's pleas once more. Salvador was Uhtred's son, one he had had with his previous wife before she passed, but Salvador was no brother to the Lannister children. He was spiteful and cocky, just like his father. The Queen's children did everything within their power to stay away from him, one thing about Salvador was that he was trouble.

The boys were now at the ripe age of sixteen, Aurora a year behind and Salvador a couple ahead. Trust me when I tell you these boys were incredibly handsome, Edmund was generally with a villager girl every day, Arthur shaking his head at his brother's tactics. Although Arthur had the looks, he was not interested in any of the girls. Edmund often teased him about being gay but the real reason being was that his heart was with someone else. Edmund failed to notice the glances over dinner or the stares across the ballroom parties.

Nevertheless, the brothers were currently practising their swordsmanship with a couple of training knights. Cristan was still one of the best knights of the Kingdom of Asterin, he trained the boys well as they were incredible fighters for their age. Cristan had two sons himself; Benedict and Ralliyard, Benedict was of the same age as the boys but Ralliyard was Salvador's age, yet they both shared the same dislike for Uhtred's son.

"You have been performing well!" Cristan had shouted across the courtyard at the training knights. Both Arthur and Edmund shared a smug look, catching Cristan's gaze as he rolled his eyes. "But there's a long way to go before you boys are anything like me."

"He's talking to you, Benedict." Edmund teased his friend.

Benedict smirked, "I'd still beat you in a real fight." He joked, rolling his sleeves up.

"I don't know about that." Arthur joined, the smile on his face never perishing.

"Alright, boys," Cristan interjected.

"Listen, I'm the oldest here which makes me the strongest." Railyard taunted.

"No, being old makes you slow." Edmund cackled which instigated a chorus of curses and insults from the boys.

"Boys!" Cristan yelled over them. "I am a trained knight, you haven't even touched a battlefield, or put your sword through another man, or seen the ones you love die right before your eyes which makes me the best out of all of you." He finished, allowing the boys to become apologetic for their actions.

"We're sorry Sir," Edmund replied solemnly after some time.

Railyard sighed, "we are father."

Cristan burst into a fit of laughter, clapping his hands as his sons huffed in annoyance, Edmund and Arthur still dazed. "You should have seen the look on your faces!" He chuckled. "We're sorry Sir, we are father!" He mimicked as a smirk grew upon everyone's face.

"You got us." Arthur reluctantly nodded.

"Right, stop blowing yourselves and get your head into training, yes you are all well-trained fighters, but not knights," Cristan explained. "I want the usual pairs please."