Chapter 8

Alright, sooo... I rewrote this chapter or more like I literally changed it. HaHa!

]|I{•------» CHAPTER EIGHT «------•}I|[

Scarlett just got home from work. Long days of waking up so early, getting make-up done, walking on the red carpet and travelling from town to town for guesting were enough to tire her. And luckily, she's now got the days she deserves. But, that doesn't mean she won't be doing a skype-call meeting for a new project in 2020.

It was also three weeks of staying up on her phone, hoping that her best friend would actually call her and say sorry, but is she that important? Nor does she even deserve to hear that one word?

"Mama!"

"Hey, little bug. I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too, mama."

"Did you eat something?"

"Yeah, Joanna cooked for us! So dwelicious (delicious!)"

"Where's your sister?"

"In her room,"

"Rhisy?"

A voice passed through the door of Callie's room and a knock came afterwards. Rhislett sighed and opened the door. Her mama had just gotten home from work. And when she caught sight of those -tired-green-orbs- she knew it had been pretty exhausting.

Scarlett stood still in her white v-neck shirt and black jeans and she got nothing but a confused look from the teenager. "You're here now? That's new." Callie huffed a breath, it had a hint of sarcasm and somehow an unbelieving tone in it.

"You don't want to see me?"

"It's not like that, what I mean was it's so new of you going home so early. It just kinda feels strange... that's it."

Scarlett went quiet for a few seconds and a pang of guilt came through her. She smiled a little, it didn't reach her eyes, it was more of a 'forced' smile. "Have you eaten anything? How about Mac and cheese?"

Callie shook her head but only smiled, "I've actually eaten a lot today. Guess you told me to not frequently eat macaroni and cheese 'cause it's bad for my health. Me and Rietta actually baked it yesterday and it was délicieuse (delicious)"

Scarlett let out a soft chuckle, "how did you learn french?"

"From your daughter."

"Rose?"

Callie creased her eyebrows, "Of course, who else speaks French here?"

"Me," Scarlett replied smugly.

And that received a laugh from the girl, but it quickly changed by a nonchalant look. "How was your christmas party?"

Rhislett forced a smile, "It was good. Lots of games, prizes and fun. Just usual though I kinda missed my old friends and by the way... Chris told me to stay at his place during Christmas. Is it fine?"

Scarlett knitted her eyebrows, still outside the door. "He told you that? Why didn't he inform me first?"

Callie huffed a breath, "do you actually expect him to talk to you? You guys aren't giving a damn to each other for so long, right? So, why do you even expect it?"