Chapter 12

Here's chapter twelve!<3

]|I{•------» CHAPTER TWELVE «------•}I|[

03/17/07 

Scarlett sat down on the bed and watched as Rhislett happily played with her toys. Her lips curved up into a sad smile as she thought of their decision. 

"Baby, come to mama. Come 'ere." Scarlett instructed and the toddler excitedly jumped into her mother's arms, her small hands cupping both her mama's cheeks and her eyes so beautiful. 

She took the moment to study her little girl's features and it alone never ceased tears to form in her eyes. "I love you." Scarlett sweetly said as she stared deep into Rhislett's blue orbs. 

The toddler giggled, "wabyou, mama." 

Scarlett emotionally smiled and hugged the little girl and peppered her with unending kisses for it will be the last. Eventually, the toddler whined and wiggled in her mother's embrace when she saw her Daddy standing by the door. 

"What's my lil bub doing huh?" Chris joyously asked and went to hug his daughter and sway her in the air which made the toddler giggle and laugh. 

Both parents laughed as well, enjoying the time they had together. "I love you, baby." Chris said to Rhislett and he chuckled when the girl made a confuse look. 

Chris eyed Scarlett a sorrowful look and a look of completion as he handed Rhislett back to her. "It's gonna be fine." Scarlett assured Chris as she secured Rhislett in her lap. 

"It's for her also, right?" 

"Yeah," 

Chris certainly hoped so too… 

♡  

"What? How come?" Asked a very disappointed and surprised Scarlett. 

She just got home from California and she had expected to be welcomed by a heartwarming hug but what she received was disbelieving news. 

Rhislett's principal wanted to talk to her parents. 

"I just wanted to explore your place! There's nothing wrong with--" 

Scarlett decisively shook her head, "oh my god, Callie." She didn't use her biological name. Is she that mad? "You've done nothing but ruin everything! Why would you skip your classes and wander around New York?" 

Callie puckered her lips, "because it's nice!" She reasoned, a little bit of guilt creeping in her. 

"Oh my god, what happened to you? Why would you ruin your studies? If your father finds this--" 

"He knows this. I told him before you came here." 

Scarlett crossed both her arms on her chest, "yes, of course he'll know it first. He's your dad in the first place, but hell, I'm your mother too. Isn't that a reason for you to tell me too?" 

Callie looked down to the floor as if it was the most beautiful thing she's seen. "You weren't answering my calls. Why would I even tell you?"