20

(Izuku POV)

"Morning Hailey," Dad said as Mum opened her eyes, she had fallen unconscious after being bitten by her spider, once she registered what he said, she shot up, looking straight at him.

'I can hear,' she signed, before realising she could probably speak now, she took a deep breath, "I tHiNk I ShOulD PraCTIcE spEaKInG," she said brokenly, before cringing at the sound of her own voice, Dad let out a small chuckle.

"Perhaps," he agreed while smiling, she smiled back and stood up.

"I'd liKe to HeAr your VoiCes," she said to us, it was less broken than before, so she was definitely improving.

"Well, this is my voice, Mum," I said, we both smiled.

"Here's my voice, Copper," Aunt Phin said, verbalising her nickname for Mum.

"This is my voice," Uncle Ganke said with a smile.

"Here's my voice, Grandma," Eri said excitedly, before being swept up into a hug.

"No OffenCe, but Eri'S vOice is the CuteSt," she said, we all started to laugh.

"That's fair," Dad said.

"I think we can all agree on that," I said, receiving nods of agreement.

(The next day)

I walked into the classroom after lunch with Eri by my side, I was a little tired after yesterday, I cried... a LOT, but it was worth it, Hailey could hear again, she had practiced for about an hour after she woke up, reading every word in the dictionary so that she'd get it right, and it paid off, her speaking was only occasionally slightly jumpy, I reckon everyone at F.E.A.S.T. will be surprised, though they did know that Miles and I were working on a way to repair her hearing, so it's not unbelievable, plus in this world of quirks, abilities that could heal things like deafness were plenty possible, I looked up to see uncomfortable classmates and 3 people I did not want to deal with.

"How the hell did you get into 1-A, Deku?" Katsuki asked, I just ignored him and walked past the group, my wrist was grabbed.

"Izuku, please just come back," Izumi cried, I looked at her with empty eyes.

"LEAVE PAPA ALONE," Eri shouted as she got in between the two of us, separating our hands, Izumi looked at Eri in surprise before looking at me with tears in her eyes.

"I-I'm an aunt?" she asked, pissing me off.

"As I said to Inko at the Entrance Exam... No," I said bluntly, "you have no part in my life nor my daughter's, not after everything you did. You can't just hop into my life now that I'm not useless in your eyes, and neither can those damn sperm and egg donors of ours,"

"B-but,"

"No buts, you ruined our relationship when you told me to take a swan dive off of a building as a way to be born with a quirk, why would you even tell me that in the first place?" I told her firmly.

"I wasn't thinking alright!" Izumi cried.

"Which you have clearly never done," I said, before deciding to imitate her, "'my brother's quirkless, so I'll beat him up and stop him from becoming a hero, even if he's so traumatised that any unexpected sound sends him into a panic attack or even so traumatised that he wouldn't be able to work anywhere because he's so scared of quirks in general, as long as he isn't a hero, I don't care' is that what was going through your head?" I asked her venomously.

"N-no," she tried to say.

"Bulls-" I stopped myself from cursing in front of Eri, "I'm not sure you even really care, honestly, a holographic projection of a dead person was kinder to me than you Yagi's were. How on Earth do you still think you can be a hero? I have met villains kinder than you, same goes for my Dad, seriously, I don't think even All For One would've done the sh- things you did," I said, I had researched that name after Sir Nighteye mentioned it yesterday, and I honestly think he actually would've done better than she did.