― TWELVE

OCEAN EYES ARMIN ARLERT

╔══════ ° ° ══════╗

╚══════ ≪ ° ≋ ° ≫ ══════╝

╚══════ ° ° ══════╝

"MERA!" ARMIN YELLED AS SOON as they were in the headquarters. Mikasa and Connie looked around as well, looking for the woman who had lead the first team here. Armin wanted to cry ― everything had gone to hell so quickly, and all he wanted to do was cry in Mera's arms.

"Armin!" Mera gasped, pushing the crowd away so she can embrace him in a hug. "Are you alright? What's happening now? Mikasa, I can't believe you were reckless enough to throw your life away!"

"I'm sorry." Mikasa genuinely apologized, looking down at the floor in guilt. Mera's eyes softened, placing a hand on her shoulder in comfort. "It won't happen again, Mera. I promise."

"I'm alright." Armin reassured Mera. He was so relieved to know that she was doing fine, and was so tempted to just kiss her in front of the cadets here. "You did so good in leading the cadets here, Mera. I'm sure your mother and Captain Levi would be proud of you."

"Hey guys!!" Connie yelled out before Mera could respond to the sweet words that Armin uttered. The latter brought her hand up to his lips in a quick peck, a reassurance that he would still try his best to survive this hell with her. "This titan is a weird specimen that enjoys killing it's own kind like it's going out of style! And it's shown no interest in us, at that! Mikasa and I would dispatch the titans around it, and we've been able to lead it to the swarm here this way. If we make good use of it, we can escape this place without any problems!!"

"Using one of those titans?" a cadet whispered not so discreetly.

"Either way, it's our best shot at surviving this living hell." Mera interrupted, standing up and bringing Armin up with her. "I don't care if it's an abnormal or whatever, we'll use the titan like Connie said. We'll be able to live if we do so. And that's the only thing that should be in your minds. Surviving this."

"It-It's gonna be okay, that titan is stronger than it's normal peers. As long as he wreaks havoc out there, this building should be safe." Armin says, stuttering a bit at first but sounding a bit more confident at the end.

"Just how much do you know about that titan?" Reiner asked Connie, who immediately replied with a shrug and a statement saying it saved them. "True enough . . . saving us. That's the first step . . ."

"We found the material under the police's control. There's dust just about everywhere though." Jean remarked, bringing crates of guns with him. Mera grabbed one of them, loading it and aiming somewhere random.

She saw one of the beer cans that the Military Police had probably drank from, and shot it without a single hesitation. The recoil of the shot made her move back a step, but her aim was immaculate and was able to hit the beer can straight in the middle like she aimed to do so. Her fellow cadets covered their ears at the loud shot, and looked at her in horror.

Mera rolled her eyes and balanced the gun between her shoulders. "What are you looking at me like that for? Is it really bad to test if these old things are working?"

"Mera, just exactly what did you have to go through when you were younger to know how to shoot a gun?" one of the cadets whimpered, not used to it.

"I didn't have to go through anything." Mera snipped, moving to Armin's side who was thinking about a battle strategy. She flashed a small smile at the cadet who asked, who only seemed more intimidated at the crazed look in Mera's eyes. "My mother just had a fun time training me with everything she knew, I suppose. The Scouting Regiment elites were around me when I was young, they taught me everything I knew from a young age."

"According to the supply team earlier, the supply room has seven three or four meter classes occupying it. With the firepower at our disposal, we might be able to blindside them all at once." Armin relayed his strategy to them, pointing out what they have to do. "First . . . use the lift to lower several people down the central rooftop. If those seven titans are anything 'normal', that should draw them in. they do react strongly to human concentrations, after all."

Mera gave a small hum of agreement, nodding her head slightly to the last statement. She was slowly beginning to understand the whole point of Armin's strategy, impressed but not surprised at his capability to do so at such a short time. Armin continued, "Next, the people in the lift will fire at their heads simultaneously, to rob them of their eyesight."

"If it goes as planned, seven people will be on the roofs and jump in to kill the titans." Mera finished, clapping her hands as she finished Armin's statement. Armin nodded at her. "This strategy relies on giving our all in this one offensive. Everyone's lives will be hanging in the balance. This is a plan to allow seven people to put down one titan each simultaneously."

"The ones who'll have to do it are those of us with the highest success rate when it comes to mobility." Armin looked worried, biting his lip in hesitation. "I apologize for dumping the responsibility of everyone's survival on your shoulders . . . sorry."

"It's no problem, Armin." Reiner said, giving him a small smile.

"Whoever does it, the risk is the same in the case of failure ; everyone dies." Annie pointed out.

Mera remained silent and looked at her remaining blades. She only had about two pairs left, but even so, that should be enough in taking down a titan.