16. First night

Veeranshu Singhania groaned in frustration. It had been ten minutes! Full ten minutes since he had been waiting outside his room while his sweetheart, finally his wife, was inside the room. His cousins had blocked his entry into the room.

D: Bhai jaise Mehek, Dehek aur Meera ne milkr aapke jutte chupaye and phir badle me paise liye, waise hi hume bhi chahiye...

V: oye namuno, vo rasam hoti hai, tum jo kr rahe ho vo bakwas hai...

P: Nahi bhai! Badi maa ne kaha tha, isse 'baadh-rukai' kehte hai.

V: Sb ke sb mere romance ke dushman! Ab ye nayi rasam kahan se aa gayi? Kitne paise chahiye?

Veer threw his wallet towards Daksh and Ponky.

V: Chalo ab haato, jaane do..

D: Waah! Bhai..poora wallet de diya, bade dildaar ho...

P: Dildaar nahi hai bhai, besabra hai...

Both laughed and teased Veer. After a few seconds, Veer grabbed both by the neck and threw them away. Daksh and Ponky landed away from the door. Veer quickly got in and smirked at his brothers, bidding them bye.

 Veer quickly got in and smirked at his brothers, bidding them bye

Veer turned and what he saw next caused his breath to get hitched. Their room was covered in beautiful flowers and candles. On the edge of the bed, Bani was sitting in all her wedding finery. She smiled at him but Veer could see get growing discomfort at the heavy attire.

...................

Bani was sitting in her all her glory when she saw Veer enter. Her mouth went dry as she took in the man, now her husband, in black and gold shervani. He looked edible, extremely handsome. She gave him a smile, wondering if her fatigue made it look forced.

Veer took long, confident strides towards her and she rose out of the bed. Veer stood in front of her.

V: Congratulations on your new status, Mrs Singhania.

B: Thank you, Mr. Singhania. Congratulations to you too...

They held each other arms and got lost in each other eyes. Veer moved closer and placed a long, loving kiss on her forehead. Bani closed her eyes, welcoming the warm feelings. Veer's fingers cupped her face, slowly caressing her cheeks. His hands reached for her nose pin and he took it off. Bani blushed red at the thought what would happen now. After all, her sisters and Noor had told her last night, in great detail to her discomfort, that what could happen. Veer's hand slowly undid her earrings and he picked her up.

However, to Bani's surprise, instead of making her lie down the bed, Veer made her sit in front of the mirror. He carefully unpinned her dupatta and undid the Gajra. He then removed her hair out of the bun, gently massaging her scalp which was throbbing due to being held so tightly for so many hours. He carefully eased her out of the jewels. Bani's felt a rush of emotions. Veer truly wasn't in it for her body but for her soul. Seeing him care for her comfort turned her on more than any intimacy could. This was a different kind of intimacy, one that satisfied the soul.