11. Engagement

Bani woke up early and studied her surroundings. Wooden floorboards and the smell of earth invaded her nose. She recalled yesterday's events and sprang with a sudden burst of energy.

B: Meera di! Oh shit! Meri shaadi hone waali hai...aaj sagai hai meri...I cannot believe this.

Meera woke up rubbing her eyes.

M: Bani? Kitni excited hai tu bhi...beshrm ladki!...bohot zyada jldi nahi hai tujhe teri Veeranshu ke pass jane ki...pakka arranged hi hai na shaadi ya tujhe pyaar ho gaya hai?...

Bani blushed red and went inside the blanket again. Meera chuckled and hugged her.

M: Ek ghanta aur so jaa...abhi time hai...

And the sisters resigned back to happy dreams.

..................................

Veeranshu Singhania was stressed. Anyone with eyes could point that out. He was barking orders and ensuring everything was right on time. Tapish entered laughing.

T: Itni subah subah kyu itna panic kr raha hai bhai....sb thik hoga...

Veer hugged Tapish, his really close friend. Infact, Tapish was technically his cousin. Veer's mom and Tapish's mom were really close. They were like sisters and thus they both grew up seeing each other as brothers. Tapish was older then Veer. Both their mother died in the same fire and since then, the boys stood up for each other. Tapish's dad sent him away for studies when he was still in school as he felt Mumbai had too many memories of his mother. Tapish came back after his masters and ran his own business.

V: Tapish I want everything to be perfect for her. The very best. We decided to keep it small, family and close friends only. Reception rakh denge baaki logon ke liye ...but small wedding bhi mujhe perfect chahiye...

T: I understand Veer but aise subah subah parade karne se kuch nahi hoga...saare workers ko aane dey...don't fret yar!

P: Wahi to hum bhi kl se samjha rahe hai bhai ko...

Ponky and Daksh met Tapish and they all pulled Veer's legs for being so worried. A while later, Bani came downstairs with Meera. She was wearing a simple chikankari-kurti in pale peach color with white parallel pants. She looked simple and charming. Veer's hands itched to take some kohl out of her eyes and put a dot on the base of her neck like he sees woman do on TV. He wanted to hide her away.

Meera went staright to Tapish and stood by his side. Both greeted each other.

B: Good morning!

T: Good morning...meri hone wali- adi gharwali...

V: Abey oye!

Tapish laughed, purposely trying to irritate Veer.

T: Galat kya bolla...pehle meri adi gharwali banne wali thi Bani...tune beech me line cut kr li...

V: (thinks) jahan baat meri Sweetheart ki ho na...wahan me beech me line kya, beech me koi insaan ho toh use bhi cut kr doo....

T: Kahan kho gaya?

V: Kuch nahi....mai soch raha tha ki us hisab se meri bhi to adi gharwali hui....Meera...ji..

T: Oye..

V: Jali na? Ab pata chala..

M: Kya tum dono baccho ki tarah shuru ho gaye ho...aaj kitne kaam hai...

V: Wahi na...mai bhi keh raha tha...

T: Veer...Meera...kaam hai lekin ho jayega..pehle aram se breakfast krte hai..phir kaam pr lag jayenge...

FATED: Vani arranged weddingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें