15. The saviour and the wedding

Bani's POV

B: Mayuri?!

To say I was shocked to see her at my doorstep was an understatement. Veeranshu had explained to me that Mayuri meant no harm and that she was brainwashed by Chandini. So, I did not keep any hard feelings after that but I had not expected her to come to my room.

B: Aao Mayuri...kya hua?

Mayuri didn't say a word. She came forward, her eyes cast down. What I understood from her expressions was that she probably felt guilty. I tried to give her a reassuring smile. It wasn't her fault.

B: Mayuri please...Don't feel sorry if that is why you are here. You were manipulated and to be honest, I admire your dedication towards your friend. You thought you were being helpful.

Mayuri's eyes began to water.

M: I am so sorry Bani and thank you for understanding me..

She hugged me. Her perfume was definitely strange. It smells like...I don't know. Fruity? Flowery? I tried my best to put a finger on it before succumbing to darkness.

POV end

..............................

M: Sorry Bani! But you shouldn't have come back.

Mayuri held a limp Bani in her arms and started to laugh. She was joined by another- Chandini. Chandini giggled and raised her hand to give her a high-five.

M: Arey pagal aurat! Pehle isse bed pr sulane me help kr meri...aur gate lock kr..

They put the limp Bani on the bed and Mayuri morphed into Jai. He gave an evil laugh to his cousin.

C: Thank you Jai! You are the best.

She came forward to hug Jai but Jai stopped her. He removed a broach from his clothes that was producing the aroma that could make any human unconscious. Since Chandini was also human, it would react on her as well. He carefully wrapped it in handkerchief and kept it in his pocket. Then he proceeded to hug Chandini.

C: You are the best brother Jai. Ab bs mai is Bani ki jagah kapde pehen kr baith jaungi aur...

M: Aur yahan koi picture chal rahi hai na jo Veer Bani ko purane zamane ke ghoongat me dekhr question bhi nahi karega...

The duo turned towards the door, surprised and shocked to see the real Mayuri standing there. Chandini tried to manipulate Mayuri again but this time, Mayuri shut her up.

M: I like Veer okay! It is just a crush! But what they have is beyond that. Did you see Veer after Bani left? No right! But I did and I have never seen anyone look so lost, so broken...so it is better if all of us stay out of their business okay!

Chandini got angry at Mayuri and threw a show piece at her. Mayuri caught it before it hit her and grabbed Chandini by her hands. Chandini turned to ask Jai for help but Jai had slithered away from the window because he knew Mayuri is a morni and his poison cannot harm her but she can easy have him for dinner. Mayuri smirked and closed her eyes. Her expression read- "Ab tera kya hoga Kalia, oops- Churail". She opened her green ones and threw Chandini out and warned her to behave.

M: Insaan pr vaar nahi krna chahti mai pr tum sudhr jao...Veer to waise bhi tumhari class lega hi..accha hoga agar tum shaadi hote hi aaj chali jao and don't you dare come back.

Chandini left fuming.

C: Is Mayuri ki toh? Isme kahan se ye mahanta ki devi jaag gayi? Aur pehle to mere us darpok nag ko dhoonti hoon...

.....................................

Bani woke up slowly. She recalled fainting in Mayuri's arms. She looked around and saw a tensed looking Meera and Mayuri look at her.

FATED: Vani arranged weddingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें