21. Love and lust

Hello to all you beautiful readers! I am back. Did you guys miss me and this book? I hope you did. Also, hoping you guys are fine and remember the story as well because it has been a while.

Jumping right into the story now without further delay  <3

...............................

Bani opened her eyes in panic and then closed them back shut due to the sudden bright light. She groaned. Veer, who had been sitting next to her sprang to action and put on the blinds. He also switched off all the lights save the small lamp.

V: Sweetheart? Are you okay? Ab koshish kro ankhe kholne ki..It is not as bright anymore.

Bani opened her eyes slowly again and let them adjust. She studied the worry lines on her husband's face, dark circles underneath his eyes and his unruly hair. It felt like he had just come back from a trip to hell.

B: Veer? You don't look okay...

V: Ye tum bol rahi hoo...Agar tumhe kuch ho jata toh mai khud ko kabhi maaf nahi kr pata..

Bani cupped his face.

B: I am fine Veeranshu. It wasn't your fault. Please smile for me, it looks like you have aged years overnight.

Veer gave her a vague smile and pulled her into a hug.

V: Bani what had happened to you in there?

B: It is all in the past now. What happened of those men though? I remember running and then falling. I don't remember getting saved....

V: Like you said, it is all in the past. Don't worry, he will never come back to bother you..

B: What?! Did you....?

V: No, I did not taint my hands in his blood. If that is what you are asking.

B: Then?

V: He received a lawful punishment. Now no more talks of them...come, I need to get you fed so that you take your medicines on time.

Bani nodded slowly and got up. Before she could even take a single step forward, she was scooped up by Veer in his arms.

B: Veeranshu!

V: Gharwali...You don't know me at all if you think I will let walk around on your own for a few days now, probably weeks..

Bani whined and hid her face in the crook of his neck. To her embarrassment, he didn't listen to any of her pleas and carried her downstairs. He made her comfortable on the couch as he thought it would be better than a chair and fed her food. He also had Daksh call in the doctor so that she can confirm that Bani was fine indeed. Bani complained that it was unnecessary but Veer was on a really over protective mode.

.......................

It had been three days now. Three whole days since Veer had switched his over-protective bear mode on. He would snap easily and get agitated quickly if Bani wasn't in his arms reach. Bani initially thought it was cute but was getting irritated by his constant need to touch and feel her near him. She couldn't even be in the shower for more than five minutes without causing him panic.

On the fourth day, Balwant and Tara explained it to him to let Bani move normally and not micro manage her routine. To Bani's delight, he understood and apologized to her for his cave-man ways. He promised to not behave like an ogre if she wasn't around but asked her to never head outside the house alone, even for a while. Bani understood that the wounds in his mind were still fresh and agreed to not go outside the house alone. For now, she was happy to move around the house without eyes constantly following her.

FATED: Vani arranged weddingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें