Chapter 12: "why didn't you tell me?"

"Alright have a good night chat! I gotta actually sleep for once!" You say with a tired smile on your face.. You had already said goodbye to Ted, and you were now saying goodbye to your audience before you raid Ted. It was now 3am for you, and you really needed to sleep.

It was very obvious to everyone watching the stream that something was most definitely wrong. The thought of Schlatt leaving without even telling you clouded your mind. Would he even had told you if it weren't for Ted? Would it have been too late when you found out? Did he not tell you for a reason? Did he want to move to get away from you?

Your head was constantly flickering back and forth with these completely irrational thoughts during the entire stream. You still had a good time, but your anxiety was manifesting clearly on your face. At the beginning you constantly said you were fine, and eventually you stopped talking about it to avoid working yourself up.

When you finally go offline, you immediately let out a heavy sigh, resting your elbows on your desk while you plop your face into your hands. You take slow breaths, trying to rid the anxiety from your body. Eventually you get up from your chair and begin to walk towards your bathroom. You reach for the light switch when your phone starts buzzing wildly in your hand. You look down.

It's Schlatt.

Fuck.

Fuck.

FUCK.

You reluctantly answer the phone after shaking away any emotion. You put on a small smile as you look at Schlatt, who is laying in bed, his hair already sticking out in different directions. It looks like he didn't get out of bed today. He looks at you with a look of worry.

"What?" You laugh nervously, very similar to how you started the conversation with Ted earlier.

"I just watched your stream," he said quietly, his eyes slowly moving up and down, analyzing your face.

"Oh," you say a bit solemnly.

"What's the matter with you?" He says in a slightly crude tone making you wince. Usually his agressive and playful tone made you laugh, but today you were experiencing more raw emotions you haven't felt in a while. He notices your flinch, relaxes his frown and rephrases with a small sigh,

"I can tell you're upset about something." He says, and you immediately deflect.

"What? N-"

He interrupts,

"Y/n, I can tell you're upset. You don't have to tell me exactly what's going on, but let me at least try to make you feel better." He says before quietly mumbling, "Can't have you mopey on stream anymore,"

Your heart pangs with slight pain, his soft expression making you miss him even more. Who knows how much you'll miss him when he's halfway across the country?
After a moment of debating whether to say it or not, you finally follow through. Thanks therapy.

"Ted told me that you're moving to Texas," you say, reluctantly wiping off your makeup as you let out a small sniffle.

"Why didn't you tell me?" You say softly, mascara smeared down your face as your eyes glance over to Schlatt, whose face is unreadable.

"Oh Y/n, I'm sorry you had to find out like this, god...I feel like a total asshole. I was going to tell you before, but you were already streaming with Ted by the time I was going to call you."
Schlatt says with a visible guilty frown.

"That's okay, as long as you weren't trying to keep it from me." You say, finally continuing to wipe off your makeup, your frown starting to dissolve only slightly. Schlatt continues,

"I was going to actually ask you something about that."

"Hmm?" You say, now with a toothbrush in your mouth. Schlatt smiles at your doe-eyed gaze.

"Do you want to come with me?"
You almost spit out your frothy spit. Schlatt laughs hard.
"No no no, not live with me, like come with me to Austin, help me move in if you want, and maybe stay there for a few days." He says nervously. 

He scans your face nervously as you slowly cock your left eyebrow. His eyes dart back and forth. He continues,

"I remember that one time that we were talking and I said I wanted to move to Texas. And..you always wanted to do a road trip to Texas for some weird fucking reason. So, I thought that this was pretty much a great fucking opportunity to do that." He says, kneading on his bottom lip.

"Are you doing this only because you feel bad for leaving me right after we tell eachother we like eachother?" You say with a slight hint of frustration, unable to hold back your slight anger at the situation. Why now? You finally had him. Now he's moving thousands of miles away before you even had a first date.

"Well maybe," Schlatt admits,

"But maybe this could be considered like a really long first date," he chuckles.

"Nice save big guy," you smirk as you spit out the rest of the toothpaste.

"So I take it that it's a yes?"

"Ugh. Fine"