Chapter 8: "I'm not done with you"

A/N: I know I literally just posted having writers block but after thinking for a few hours it finally hit me so no need to worry. It's here. Hope you enjoy.

Word Count: 2.1k

Late the next day, you are getting ready to go over to Schlatt's place. You are incredibly nervous. Does this count as a date or just a hangout? If only it was a date, it would be so much better.

Earlier that day you picked up the champagne, the same one you gave Ted's family. Speaking of Ted, you are FaceTiming him while you are putting on your makeup. He's been trying to hype you up yet calm you down for the past 20 minutes.

"You got the Champagne right?" Ted asks, taking a bite from his takeout.

"Yeah I got the same one I got your family," you say, filling in your eyebrows.

"Oh good, they told me they really liked it."

"Well of course? Do you doubt my taste Ted?" You say aggressively with a smile.

"Nooooo," he says.

"How dare you!" You both chuckle.

You two keep chatting while you do your makeup, while Ted comments on how weird makeup actually is.

"Like you put goop on your face to make you look better? Like oh look my eyelids has shit all over it aren't I attractive? Am I courting you? Am I making you swoon?" Ted rambles, making you laugh.

"Oh my god Ted. Well good for you I'm pretty much done," you say, spraying some setting spray on your face.

"Good, let me see," he says, putting the phone up to his face like an old man. You laugh as you pose for him. He wolf whistles playfully.

"Look at you! Schlatt won't be able to resist you  now!" He jokes. You flush and turn away as he laughs.

"Go get changed, I'm gonna throw this out" he says, leaving his phone as he throws out his takeout box.
"Alright I'll be back," you say putting your phone down.

You decide to take a risk and put on a short champagne colored cocktail dress with a warm trench coat that grazes your calves. You slip on a pair of sneakers, but you put a pair of heels that match your dress in your "going out"purse, which means it's basically a tote bag with all the essentials for a night out. Water, extra clothes, makeup wipes, and many other things. You hate walking in heels so you will walk in them for the least amount of time possible.

You walk back and show Ted your outfit.

"Very nice, you look amazing," he says sweetly. You smile. Ted is such a sweetheart, not objectifying you in anyway, hyping you up like any normal friend would.

"Thanks Ted,"

"No problem, now you better get going, you have a man to court! Also let me know when you get there so I know you're safe." He says. You laugh.

"Alright I will, I'll let you know how it goes when I eventually get over my hangover tomorrow."

"Stay safe, happy new year!"

"Happy New Year Ted!"

You hang up your call with Ted and check your face and outfit one last time before getting an Uber. After ten minutes of pacing nervously, checking your face over and over, your Uber arrives and you quickly go to the lobby of your building.