We head back to the squad room, we walk in seeing everyone is here "Oh, good, you're all here. So, I just met with Barba. The judge threw out Johnny D's motion, so it looks like we'll be going to trial in a few days." Liv says throwing her bag down.

I walk over to Sonny who wraps his arm around my waist kissing my cheek as Nick asks Liv "You're not going to testify, are you?"

"I have to. I was first one on scene." Liv says.

"Yeah, if Barba doesn't call you, the defense definitely will. They're going to try and cast shade on you." Sonny says to Liv.

"Still say we should've shot him." Fin says as I mumble that I agree with him.

"So, Barba needs to schedule prep time with all of you. He also wants to assign each of us to one of the witnesses." Liv says.

"As bodyguards?" Fin asks.

"No. More as confidants... so they know that we're looking out for them. Also, so we can let Barba know if anyone gets shaky." Liv tells us.

I shrug "So we bond with them."

"What about Selena and Timmer? Their deal says they have to testify." Fin asks.

Liv sighs "They're both up at Sing Sing. Make sure they feel secure."

"Hey, Johnny D's not getting away, Liv." Nick says to her.

"Yeah. Nick, you got a sec?" Liv asks walking to her office with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liv sends Amanda and Sonny to Saint Andrews, Nick and Fin to see Selena and leaving us to go see Timmer.

"So, what, I just tell the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth, so help me?" Timmer asks us.

"You got it." I say to him as I grab Liv's hand underneath the table.

"Look, don't worry about it. Johnny D's going down. I'ma take care of that for you, baby." Timmer said licking his lips at me.

"Hey." Liv begins to say but I cut her off "It's okay, Liv. Mr. Barba's gonna walk you through your testimony... what you saw, what you knew. No embellishments."

He nods "I got this, and, um... you know I didn't mean no offense by that, right?"

"None taken." I say trying to smile at him, so he doesn't know he was getting to me.

We get up from the table and walk out "That guy's working us. He's working you. I don't trust him." Liv says to me.

"You don't have to trust him, Liv. But we have to try and trust he will do this, the only way he lives to see summer is if Johnny D gets sent away. He knows that." I say checking my phone.

"If you say so, just didn't like the way he was looking at you and I'm sure neither would Sonny." Liv says checking her phone "Amaro just finished with Selena. He's on his way out."

"Hey, there you are. I trust Selena about as far as I can throw her." Nick says walking up to us.

"Yeah, the same goes for Timmer." I say scoffing.

"We don't have to trust them. They're both survivors, and this is their last chance." Liv says to us.

Nick nods "I hope you're right. Let's get out of here."

SUPREME COURT
PART 21

I sat next to Sonny holding his hand nervously as Liv was on the stand. I wanted nothing more than to be next to her for support, I know how hard this was going to be for her. So, when it was Drake's lawyers turn my heart hurt thinking about what he could ask her.