2

After class let out for the day, Yoongi grabbed his car keys, ready to leave the school for his lunch break so he could get away from Taehyung.

But of course, Taehyung didn't get the hint and he scrambled to his feet after the older boy.

"Wait- where are you going? Can I come?" He asked excitedly.

"No." Yoongi let the door slam shut in the boys face.

Taehyung crashed into it, quickly opened it and followed Yoongi into the hallway. "Are you getting lunch off school grounds? Cool! My mom packed me a lunch but I'm down to go somewhere with you instead!"

"I said no!" Yoongi snapped, trying to keep his voice down in the busy hallway. "Stop following me!"

"Please?" Taehyung pouted at him. "Don't you think we should talk about last night?"

Yoongi sighed, hating how his new assistant teacher had a point.

"Fine. But you drive separate." Yoongi walked faster to get away and Taehyung watched him go, beaming while he waved goodbye with his arm above his head.

-

"This place is fancy!" Taehyung stared up in awe at the restaurant as he followed Yoongi inside.

It wasn't, it was just a basic sushi place that was nearby, but Yoongi didn't bother to say how it was just a three star restaurant.

They got a booth in the back, mostly because Yoongi didn't want to be seen with Taehyung.

Taehyung opened the menu and scanned it. "Hmm...no chicken nuggets?"

Yoongi sighed, wondering if it was too early to drink.

"Look." Yoongi put his menu down to glare at the younger boy. "Last night was just a one time deal, it didn't mean anything, got it?"

Taehyung nodded. "Of course."

"So you understand we aren't in a relationship at all?" Yoongi raised an eyebrow.

"Totally understood."

"And you won't talk about us at all, to anyone?" Yoongi pressed.

Taehyung zipped his lips shut.

Yoongi sat back, surprised this had actually gone well.

"Well...good." He nodded once and stood up. "I'll be back."

Taehyung watched Yoongi disappear into the bathroom and quickly pulled out his phone.

To Mom: hey mommy, guess what!! that guy I was telling you about last night? who took my virginity? We're on our second date now! I'll try to bring him over for Christmas!

-

Yoongi looked at his reflection in the bathroom mirror, wondering why he was feeling Suga's comforting presence when he wasn't in any danger.

"Is it because of Taehyung?" He asked the alter, tilting his head in the mirror. "You know he's not a threat to anyone. Except for himself."

The feeling stayed with him, and Yoongi sighed. "Alright, fine. You can take over. I wasn't going to enjoy this lunch anyways."

He let himself slip, and Suga was there before he could fall.

The alter smiled at himself in the mirror, fixing his hair.

He liked Taehyung. The boy was cute and innocent. A little clueless, but in an endearing way.

Suga opened the door and went back to the booth.

"Did I keep you waiting?" He asked as he sat down.

Taehyung shook his head. "A second away from you feels like an eternity but I was fine. I ordered you some sashimi, by the way, I hope it's okay."

"It's perfect." Suga assured him.

Their food arrived, and Suga was surprised when the server set Taehyung's plate down in front of him.

"You...actually got chicken nuggets." He stared as Taehyung dipped the dinosaur shaped piece of chicken into some ketchup. "At a sushi place..."

"Mhm!" Taehyung beamed and offered one to the alter, who politely declined.

"Sorry, Yoongi doesn't need extra calories."

Taehyung frowned, wondering why Yoongi was suddenly talking in third person.

"What are you doing after work today, Taehyung?" Suga cocked his head.

"Uh, nothing. I usually call my mom, but that's it." Taehyung said.

Suga smiled. "Do you want to come over again, then?"

The younger boys eyes went wide. "What- really? You're inviting me over?"

"Why do you seem so shocked?" Suga laughed.

Taehyung blushed, looking at the table. "I thought...you didn't want to be around me."

Suga sighed, knowing how Yoongi treated the boy. "We're going to be working together almost every day, we should become friends."

Taehyung felt butterflies. "O-okay then, I'll come over around four?"

"Sounds good." Suga smiled, resting his cheek in his hand as he admired the boy.

They finished lunch with grins and giggles, and though the alter wasn't trying to get in the way of Yoongi's life, he had a good feeling about this new boy in Yoongi's life.

No one had ever passed Suga's test to get close to Yoongi before.

No one until Taehyung, that is.