Kitten

Narrator POV

"How- Who?" Was all that Nathalie could muster, she was sent into a state of shock. "My dear Nathalie. It was so easy, they were in front of us the whole time." Gabriel spoke, a genuine smile was visible on his wrinkled face. 

"Ladybug is Marinette Dupain-Cheng." Gabriel whispered so that only she could hear him. "That means- Adrien is Chat Noir." Nathalie stated, putting two and two together. 

Her eyes went as wide as they could and she collapsed to the floor. Luckily, the older Agreste caught her in the nick of time. "It's alright, Nathalie. I know I made a mistake, but now I know what has to be done." He said, putting her back onto her feet. "We need to return the Miraculouses to them." He said firmly. 

"That would mean, they would know our identities." Nathalie said, a bit unsure of what to say. "Yes, but not really. We could just mail it to her, and write a letter. They don't have to know until we're ready to tell them." Gabriel looked at her, and saw Nathalie nod.

 »»———— ♡ ————««

Marinette and Adrien decided to go to an amusement park. Adrien thought it was best, as the two of them loved the thrill of the rides. Adrien held his girlfriend's hand as soon as they got out of the car. "I don't want you getting lost." He repeated. The last time he said that, they were at the line for a Ferris wheel ride. Marinette simply rolled her eyes and started walking towards the entry. 

Once they were inside, they decided to pick up a paper map so it can guide them throughout their visit. Marinette was squealing with delight at each roller coaster she saw. Adrien simply looked at her and smiled.

He knew that Marinette was a big fan for roller coasters and so whenever she saw one, she burst with delight. Adrien's chest felt warm and fuzzy with every smile that she gave to him. "Adrien, look at that green ride. We definitely need to go there." She exclaimed with joy as she pointed toward the roller coaster.

Adrien just nodded and continued admiring her. When she finally settled down, they pulled out the map and circled some ride they wanted to try. "I think that 'Dragon Fyre' is the closest one from here." Adrien said, pointing to the labeled ride on the map. (yes, I used Canada's Wonderland for the inspo of this chapter) 

They started walking to the ride and got in the line. "Woah, this is a very popular ride. There are so many people waiting to get on." Adrien said. "Mhm, this ride is quite the thriller. You'll see." Marinette smiled at him. 

When it was finally their turn, they sat right beside each other. They put their seatbelts on and waited for everyone else to get seated too. "Adrien, even though I've been on this ride a thousand times already, I'm still nervous." Marinette looked a bit scared. "Me too, but don't worry. As long as I'm here, nothing can harm you, princess." He winked and gave her had a reassuring squeeze. She squeezed his hand tighter as the ride started. 

As soon as the coaster started, Adrien knew what Marinette had meant when she said this ride was quite the thriller. It had a big drop in the beginning followed by two loops, a corkscrew and a helix. It was a small but fast ride. It went at 50 MPH which is 80 km/h. 

They both held their hands together and yelled out in excitement through the ride. "Marinette, that ride was sure the thriller." Adrien said once the ride ended. "Yep, now you know why I love it so much." Adrien pouted at her response and crossed his hands. "Do you love it more than me?" He asked, giving her puppy-dog-eyes. "Of course not, minou. I love you more that I love anything." She said giving him a quick peck on the cheek and holding his hand again. 

Adrien seemed satisfied and allowed her to hold his hand. In fact, she wouldn't ever have to ask him to show his love to her. He already does it more than a girl could ask for. He wakes her up with a peck on her lips and whispers morning greetings into her ear as she stirs in her sleep. Every chance he gets, he always lets her know that he loves her and how grateful he is to her.

Marinette isn't any less, though. She always reminds him how much she loves him. Her small acts are filled with love and Adrien enjoys every little thing she does. She bakes him heart-shaped cookies and macarons. Just so that he knows, she belongs to him. The two really are made for each other. 

After many coasters and terrifying drops later, the couple decided it was finally time to go home. Marinette was holding Adrien's arm close to her. Her head was rested on his shoulder as they walked out of the park. They were heading towards the parking lot when they saw a stray cat on the street. Marinette had her eyes closed, but she opened an eye as she heard a meow. 

They heard a loud honk and then people screaming everywhere. The bluenette realized that the cat was about to get hit.

Without warning, she let go of Adrien and dashed to save the kitten from the car crash. She grabbed it just in time and rolled over to the grass. "Marinette!" Adrien yelled and ran after her. He dashed to her and kneeled down in front of her. His eyes frantically searched her body for any sign of injury.

"Marinette, what the hell were you thinking?" He asked, pulling her up to her feet. "Are you okay?" He continued, looking her up and down to make sure she wasn't hurt. "Adrien, I'm fine. I just couldn't let this kitten die." She bent down and picked up the terrified animal in her arms. "Awh, it's going to be alright little one. I'll take care of you." She said in a baby voice, looking down at the feline. 

Adrien looked at her admiringly. The only think he could think of, in that moment, was her as a mom. He wondered if she would be this defensive when they had kids of their own. He knew this wasn't the time, but couldn't help but blush. 

"Adrien, I'm sorry for worrying you like that." Marinette interrupted his thoughts. "It's okay, princess. Just don't ever scare me like that again." Adrien looked into her bluebell eyes. They were mostly light blue with a few darker shades of blue mixed in. Adrien shook his head quickly to remove the thought of loosing Marinette. 

"Let's get you home, princess. You don't look too good over there." He picked up the kitten in his own arms, and held Marinette's hand with the other. 

"You're awesome, Marinette. You're my everyday Ladybug. Always putting others before yourself." Adrien whispered to her as they walked in the moonlight.

A/N: Hey guys, what's up? I'm sorry I haven't been updating lately, I've just been so caught up with schoolwork. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this cute fluff chapter. I hope you are all doing well. 

~ adorable goodbyes, T

QOTC: what is your favorite ship from MLB?