Scott looked up at me. "If the Dread Doctors didn't like coming into Eichen House because of them, maybe we can use them to protect Hayden."

Stiles frowned. "Okay, so, besides Eichen, where's the strongest convergence?"

"We're standing on it."

"You want to hide her in the school? For how long exactly?"

Scott sighed. "If we have to, all night. Liam convinced Hayden not to say anything to her sister yet. She's working a double tonight, and she thinks Hayden's staying at a friend's."

I let out a small sigh, relieved they had at least part of a plan. Scott and I headed to the school and Lydia walked up to us. "Is it me or is Liam not aware of the second part of the plan?"

Scott frowned. "I'm still not sure if there's going to be a second part. Or if it's going to work."

I glanced at Hayden to see her sleeping on Liam's shoulder and smiled slightly. A least they had each other.

Lydia turned to us. "Scott? Ella? I was just thinking since we can't use our phones, we can't check on Stiles and Theo."

Scott's eyes widened. "I didn't even think about that."

"Me either."

"Yeah, same here," I said.

Scott said after a moment, "So we're standing here waiting for guys in masks and breathing tubes to show up."

"But who or what are Stiles and Theo waiting for?" Lydia wondered.

I frowned. "Is Stiles acting weirder than normal to you guys?"

Lydia met my eyes. "Stiles has always been weird, Ella."

"Yeah I know, but this is different."

"He probably has good reason."

Liam stood and picked up a set of chains. "What were you gonna do with these?"

"Brought them just in case," Scott said.

"In case of what?"

"In case we had a chance to catch one of them. If we can't make the school a fortress, then maybe we can make it a trap."

Liam's grip on the chains tightened. "They're coming for her. Doesn't that mean she's the bait?"

Lydia noticed his change of expression and told him quickly, "Liam, we brought her here to protect her."

"And now she's the bait."

"Am I?" Hayden asked, eyes wide.

Scott shook his head. "No. No one's bait. But we can't be bodyguards to everyone every night."

"Then why aren't we talking to Stiles' dad or Eliana's dad? Why aren't we doing something better than hiding in a school?!" Liam cried.

Scott's voice rose. "Because we still don't know anything about them or what they want, okay? They're winning and we don't even know what the game is."

Liam stepped closer to Scott. "What if they come in here and those things don't work? What if you have another asthma attack? What are we gonna do?"

"I don't know."

"This plan sucks!"

"You got a better one? Kids are dying! And she's next!" He pointed a sharp finger to Hayden. "So, somebody has to save everyone! So somebody's got to be the bait!"

I flicked my claws and growled at my friend. "Troublesome water, Scott! Hayden is scared and you're not helping the situation! Calm the fuck down! You too, Liam."

We took a moment to calm down and Liam said, "Scott. Promise me you'll do everything you can to save her. Scott... Promise."

Hayden spoke up in a panicked voice. "Guys... I think I might need a little help right now. I forgot my pills. I have a bottle in my locker. I can get them, but..."

"I'll get them," Scott told her. "What's your combination."

I glanced at him. "I'm coming with you. We need to stick together."

Hayden gave them her locker combination and as they left, they were stopped by Lydia. "Guys, be careful, and hurry. I'll keep watch."

They left the classroom and made their way to Hayden's locker.

Scott and I got to Hayden's locker and jumped back, crying out in pain. We looked around to find no one.

He looked at me in a daze. "Kira?"

I shook my head. "No, Scott, Eliana. Least I can tell you're not Derek. What happened?"

He met my eyes. "We need to get to Liam and Hayden."

We ran to the locker room, as it was closer, and I pulled Scott inside. Malia and Lydia appeared a few moments later.

I frowned as I stared at Lydia. "Where are Liam and Hayden?"

Malia met my eyes. "They're gone. Hayden and Liam are gone."

"Seriously? Where the hell are they?!"