One.

A\N: Hi and welcome to my first story! I hope you like it! Happy reading!

I smiled as I walked into Brookland High School.

My life was perfect. I was popular, beautiful, and had everything I could have wanted. Or so I thought.

Everyone calls me Ria, but my actual name is Adrianna. My best friend is Sierra Diamond, the second most popular girl in school. Who was the most popular you ask? Well, it was me.

Sierra rushed over to me. "Babe! You're back!"

We hugged tightly and squealed like idiots. "Hey, I missed you so much." I grin, wriggling out of her grasp.

"I can't believe you fucking left me for Italy!" She pouted.

"It was only two months." I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. We all missed you so much, Ria." Sierra put her hand on my shoulder. "Come on babe, let's roll, we've got class."

As we began to walk through the hallway, nearly everyone I saw said 'Hi ' to me. I smiled sweetly in response. Life was gooood. The only thing was, I wasn't sure if I wanted to be popular. I had to be perfect the whole time, and that was hardly possible.

My friends stood outside the classroom, waiting for Sierra and I. I squealed and hugged them each in turn. "Come on, let's go in." I giggled.

At lunch, my friends and I sat in the patio area. We were spread out between two benches, giggling and gossiping. Bored of the girly chat, I tried to distract myself.

I glanced to my left, when I saw a boy. He was far from my usual muscular, jock kind of guy. But he had an underlying perfection about him.

He sat there alone, boys all around him chatting and playing football. His long, floppy black hair fell in front of his face, but even from quite a distance away I could see his beautiful dark brown eyes.

The boy had pale skin and skinny limbs. He sat there on his phone, listening to music and staring at the ground.

Sierra laughed, making me jump. "That's the new boy. He has, like, no friends. He's seriously freaky."

"What's his name?" I asked, still in shock.

"Ummm... Felix, I think."

As if he had a sixth sense, Felix lifted his head and stared at me. My heart stopped. Sierra grabbed my arm and pulled me away.

"The bells gone. " She announced. I frowned. "Class?" Sierra chuckled.

"Oh." I shrugged.

"What's up with you?" Sierra pulled a face. "C'mon."

I walked into History class. My heart leapt. There, sitting at the back of the class, was Felix. He looked out of the window, as if he was the only the person in the room.

Sierra pulled me down in the seat next to her. The teacher smiled and adjusted her cat-eye glasses.

"Good afternoon, class, and welcome back Adrianna." She smiled.

Everyone turned to grin at me except Felix.

"Anyway class, as most of you know, I have planned to set a project this week. Today I will get you started and choose your partner. " Miss picked up a piece of paper.

"Meredith is with Brady, Clara is with Jenna, Sierra is with Matthew, Rose is with Emily, Adrianna is with Felix."

Whoa. Okay, I was with the mysterious new boy. Great. I turned around and looked at him.

Felix bit his lip, and looked at me as if to say, "I'm not moving."

Sighing, I stood up and moved reluctantly towards him.