Civil Conversation

I don't remember much after looking down at Bucky while I was flying up into the sky. I remember rainbow colors all around me, and Loki with a tight grip on my waist. At some point I was hyperventilating and he tapped my forehead . . .Then black. When my eyes opened again my gaze was set on silky white sheets, and my head lay on the softest pillow I had ever felt. After realizing what had happened my head shot up and I took a deep breath. I looked around the room, it was a huge room, it had golden accents on the walls and ceiling. It was open and airy. I could see a huge balcony with an amazing view, and dresses laid out ready to be worn. In any other circumstance I'd be amazed, but I was scared. Scared because I didn't know where I was, scared because I couldn't call Sammie for help, and scared that I didn't have Bucky by my side. The frightened little girl in me wanted to lay in the bed and cry, but the fighter in me knew the way out was through bravery. I stood up and walked towards the balcony to see if I'd survive a jump. It was too high. I then ran to the door expecting them to be locked. But they weren't. I slipped my fingers around the golden handle and opened the door, only to be stopped by Loki. He stood behind the door grinning at me.
"Leaving so soon?" He said in a cold smooth voice
My first reaction was to punch him, so I did. I hit him so hard it hurt my hand. He lifted his head with the mischievous grin still glued to his face.
"Where am I Loki?!" I had no patience
"You're home, Asgard."
"I'm in the palace?"
"Heavens no, that would be the first place Thor would look, and we need some quality time together."
"I swear to god Loki if you lay a hand on me-"
"Relax yourself! Unlike the scum of your precious Midgard, Asgardians never touch anyone without permission! I wouldn't dare disrespect you!"
I wave of relief washed over me. I began to walk around the room looking for things I could use to get out. He walked in and sat on the bed watching me roam.
"So what? Your just keeping me here as a trophy? Or are you making a deal with Thor?" I spoke again
"I only wish to get to know you, and you me." He replied
"Couldn't have done that at the compound?"
"You think those avengers would have let me close to you? Not to mention when I got there you had that incompetent fool following you like a dog."
"So you faked a mission?" I had gone spy mode, getting every detail I could out of him.
"Well yes, it wasn't exactly hard to trick my brother, and it was the only believable way to meet you."
"Ok so explain this so I understand. You read the prophecy, found me, figured out a way to get to me, and now your just gonna keep me trapped here forever?"
"We don't have to stay here, but I need you to get to know me, understand me, so that the prophecy can be fulfilled."
"So your going to make me fall in love with you?"
He didn't reply, just looked down with a smirk.
"I don't think you realize how crazy this is. You stole me from my home. My family."
"Your family is here! On Asgard!"
"No, my family is in that compound looking for a way to get me home!"
He looked at me with no expression, studying my face, trying to figure out what I was thinking. I figured I'd do the same, and read is mind. When I looked into his brain I heard nothing, but I felt pain. I could feel his loneliness and hurting.
"What- what happened to me in the bifrost? I blacked out." I spoke again to get my mind off the pain
"You were scared, barley breathing right, I put a simple sleep spell on you." He replied more caringly then I thought he'd ever speak.
"Listen, I'm going home. Either you let me out or I knock you out."
"Try to walk out those doors" he gestured to the opening
I raised an eyebrow, I started making my way to the exit. When I got to the opening I suck one hand out to see if it was safe. My hand couldn't push past. There was some sort of invisible wall holding me back.
"What is this?!" I yelled trying to push through it
"A forcefield, my mother taught me. The only way out is if I lift it, so hurting me will do you no good."
"It may help me blow off a little steam" I clenched my jaw in anger
"How about you take a deep breath and we talk?"
"I have nothing to say to you."
"Fine, then you can listen while I talk."
I walked onto the balcony hoping he wouldn't follow but he did, he stood right next to me as I leaned on the stone railing. I looked out at the beautiful sunset hoping it would distract me.
"I too was lied to as a child, I was told I was the son of Odin and the rightful heir of Asgard, but I was born on a different planet called-"
"Jotunheimr. I know."
"You have read about me?"
"I skimmed a few things about you when I was researching my mother."
"Some part of you was curious about me."
I stayed silent
"My mother, Friga, taught me all the magic I know. She is a lovely women, and she would enjoy your rebellious personality," He continued "unlike my father, she was fair to me."
"Odin was unfair? How?" I knew I shouldn't have talked but I was curious
"He praised Thor for being a strong fighter and dismissed my wit. I tried so hard to impress him."
"Why would you want to impress an an asshole like that? I wouldn't have given him a second thought."
"Well I suppose that's where we differ, I wanted the recognition, perhaps that's not important to you."
"The only opinion that matters is mine. I don't care if that sounds selfish, it's the truth."
"It is?"
"When I fought my way out of the factory where I was tested on, I knew I'd always have myself to count on, so why should I care about any other opinion?"
He looked me in the eyes
"I like that."
I looked down as his eyes stayed on me, I wanted to hit myself for giving him what he wanted, I had a civil conversation with my kidnapper. And Bucky was somewhere on that earth pacing back-and-forth looking for a way to get to me.
___________________________________ This chapter was a little crazy!Thanks for reading!❤️