"My work is still going on.. I can't just go home without... telling them anything."

"Your knuckles is bruising. I'm afraid you wouldn't able to finish those today."

"But still, what if they look for me? I just... I just went out to.."

Shone's waiting for my reply and I gave him nothing. "Please? This absent will took a toll at my pay. I still haven't..."

"Report them if they keep delaying your pay. They can't even give you a proper reason why."

I chose not to answer and just enter the building again. All my body parts is shaking while I'm inside the lift, while strolling down the familiar hallway, until I'm in front of the office door.

Some glanced up on me but some didn't. And I harbor the sigh of relief from what I witnessed. Why did I even dare to assume they would notice my long disappearance?

I continued my work, and when I'm getting ready to finish this day and meet Shone in the lobby, a message stopped me from moving.

With my shaking hands, I still try to read the entirety of it.

Unknown Number:
Just give me an assurance I didn't hurt you again, I won't ask for anything else.

Damien? I don't think so. How would he find my new number? Any of my old workmates don't even know why I resigned, plus, I didn't even had the chance to say good bye to them. After the day Matthew asked me to leave, I packed my things when no one was around.

Matthew...

He can find my number, I'm working for them, the HR office probably have my numbers and no surprise if he did ask them about it.

Anyhow, I washed my hands off again.

"Where's your bag?" asked Shone.

I put the bag up and he immediately grabbed it. We're silent through the whole drive. I gave him what he wanted. He did the same, too.

"Why are we in the hospital?" I ask upon going out from the car again.

"To check your hand." he pouts at my bruise. "And I have something to tell to Doctor, too."

"What are you gonna ask to him?"

He answered me a frigid nothing.

If only I could read his mind, I'd immediately assume he's thinking how I make what happened like a trivial thing for me. But if I consider it one...

Thankfully, the doctor of mine is present. And he's beyond startled to see me, not again, but with another gash on my body again.

As usual, he checked my old wound first before proceeding to the latest one. "Let me guess, got into an accident or non-accident fight?"

"Was it bad, Doc?" Shone cut the awkward silence after his question. "Did he fracture any bone?"

He inspected it and immediately says no to his questions. "It's just a bruise. This will heal right away. But if I pinch it here," he did under my knuckle. "did it hurt?"

"No."

He did it again to other regions but really, there is nothing painful there. What's tearing me apart is the thought of Damien and the man... being together.

Do they know each other? When I try to recall before I made a scene, they look like they're quipping around. Like a normal best friends. Like a normal brother jokes.

What if...

No.. He doesn't look like him. I'd known Damien's features at least... when we're still... but he's no close to that salacious man.