Chapter 10

"What do you mean good? That black lime drink tasted awful!"

"It's not! It tastes good, really! Be grateful Yuri-ya!"

"I am being grateful but I'm just saying it tasted horrible when I drank it!"

"It's not!"

Minju and Yuri continued to bicker as they walked back from stealing a bunch of grapes from a fruit vendor in a nearby town. After crashing down on Earth, their fate was not lucky as Eunbi's. The two siblings struggled to survive in the secluded area that they crash-landed on, finding things like food and clean water was as hard as not being able to use their magic.

FLASHBACK...

Minju screamed her heart out as she was falling from her world. The thought of dying flooded her mind thus making her feel scared and powerless at the same time. As she was free-falling, her eyes landed on a body not far from her. The velocity made her vision blurry. But at first glance, she knew it was her sister Yuri. An unconscious Yuri.

With her remaining mana, Minju managed to pull Yuri towards herself with her telekinesis. Hugging her baby sister in her arms, she cast one last spell to protect themselves from the fall. Minju closed her eyes tight, all she remembered after was crashing down on something hard before she blacked out. Had it wasn't due to her quick-thinking, who knows what kind of injuries they would've gotten.

The sun illuminated the area where they fell through, a big hole could be seen in the ceiling, the brightness of the sun's rays made Yuri flutter her eyes open. Her body shot up once she recalled what had happened to them last night, she frantically looked around the dimly lit building and saw Minju passed out beside her.

"Minju! Wake up, please!" Yuri shook her body.

Minju's body felt cold, her complexion was as pale as a ghost. Yuri's anxiety shot through the roof as she continued to shake Minju's shoulder. Unfortunately, her sister was not showing any sign of waking up.

"Don't die..." She pleaded as she kept shaking.

After hearing Yuri's voice, Minju's body moved slightly. "I-I'm not dead you dummy... But my mana is completely depleted."

"Minju!!" Yuri engulfed her in a tight hug.

"Where are we?"

The two of them look around the darkroom. As Yuri was scanning, her eyes landed on something, a creature with a black robe on it. Yuri screamed her heart out when she saw the thing. Sensing the danger, Minju stood up and took her battle stance. Heart pounding, sweat trickling, Minju was ready to fight the enemy even without her magic.

That is until she can't sense any kind of life coming from it. Minju slowly took steps towards the thing, as she got closer she then realized that it was only a mannequin.

"I-Isn't that a g-ghoul?" Yuri asked.

"It's only a mannequin, calm down. Ugh... I wonder what's this filthy building we're in." A disgusted look painted on Minju's face. "Let's find a way out first. I don't like being in here."

The area they crashed on looked like it was meant for fun, yet the place was dead as a cemetery. Faded paints and rust on metallic bars could be seen on most of the building structures around them. A lifeless see-saw creaked when a breeze of wind passed by, making the princesses shivered.

Yuri saw something resembling a mansion not far away from where they were. The woods were rotten, broken glass can be seen scattered near the windows of the building. The atmosphere was heavy, their bodies had a hard time adjusting to the unusual environment.